VIS Type B BS Near Term To-Do List
- Vacuum and roll floor.
- Wipe ladders.
- Tidy tools, parts.
Get stuff from ../WishList
Main Assembly Sequence
- Debug BF LVDT actuation.
Debug other actuation.
Remove F0-SF rod and reinstall with hex cable clamp.
Route cables up past hex cable clamps.
Adjust SF trim mass for pitch/roll/vertical.
Route all SF/... cables through to the flange and test.
Cable all PI items through to the flange.
Disconnect the SS from the AF.
Recheck/adjust SF/... yaw.
Roughly level the PI so as to make the SS vertical.
Unlock the IP and adjust the level of the PI and the horizontal FRs to center the IP.
- Check F0 yoke height (top of coil former should be 6 mm above top of baseplate).
- Test all PI items:
- Yaw stepper.
- F0 LVDT sensing
- F0 LVDT actuation
- Horizontal LVDT sensing
- Horizontal LVDT actuation
Geophones (except one cable broken: #1)
- Lock the F0 and SF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the BF GAS.
Lock the F0 and BF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the SF GAS. 425 mHz
- Lock the SF and BF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the F0 GAS.
In parallel, time permitting
Fix links to ADC_MONITOR screens.
Check that all Take/Restore Safe.snap buttons work.
Check that we still have all LBB parts (there was an issue with borrowed lock nuts).
Wipe LLB damper parts with ethanol.
- Figure out how to tighten PI yaw return spring.
Install LBB Cu damper ring in tank (less Cu for now).
- Fix #1 geophone adapter cable.
- Fix broken pico adapter cable
Main Assembly Sequence
- BUMAX countersunk screws for LBB Cu (by 9/20)
- SDC screws for LBB half rings: 9/15 (Fri) (have Ag-coated as backup)
- LBB Cu segments: 9/19-20
Tasks Not To Forget
- Update BS Install Procedure with screenshots from new on-assembly-frame 3D CAD.
- Finish assembly drawing for LBB and LBB damper ring and post on JGWDoc (Hirata-san).
- Get pico drive screens fixed (Miyo-kun)
- Get clean bag laundered.
- Put pointy-tipped screw in RM trolley for BS
- Return/replace borrowed parts:
- Lock washers for LBB dampers
- Temporary ballast mass (dog clamps) in BF.
- Swap in new F0-SF maraging rod (with 8-mm heads) and new receptacles to match.
- Decide final in-vacuum and in-air cable routing (Enzo).
Calibrate all LVDTs (Enzo, Mark). BF, SF, PI-GAS, PI-H1, PI-H2, PI-H3
- Adjust yoke on PI to put top of secondary at TBD mm above top of baseplate (or to give ≈0 counts at nominal height).
Real-time and SUMCON models
- Create SUMCON models for full BS and major installation milestones.
Create controls design description (cf LIGO-T1100378).
- Make table of ADC/DAC assignments and check for consistency with D1503600 and k1visbs (Enzo, Mark)
- Understand/document/debug Kokeyama-san's DIO stuff.
- Measure LPCD and HPCD output filter response.
- Design and install software compensation filters for LPCD and HPCD output filters.
- Design and install GAS drift compensation filters.