VIS Type B BS Near Term To-Do List
- Vacuum and roll floor.
- Wipe ladders.
- Tidy tools, parts.
Get stuff from ../WishList
(No work Monday 9/18)
Main Assembly Sequence
Debug BF LVDT actuation.
Check F0 yoke height (top of coil former should be 37.5 mm above bottom of recess in top of baseplate) 36mm.
- Test all PI items:
- Yaw stepper (tested, not clearly working).
F0 LVDT sensing
F0 LVDT actuation
- Calibrate F0 LVDT.
- Horizontal LVDT sensing
- Horizontal LVDT actuation
Geophones (issues with driver, cables, descramblers)
Lock the F0 and SF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the BF GAS 2 Measurements: f1=0.443 Hz, f2=0.454 Hz.
Lock the SF and BF keystones and measure the resonance frequency of the F0 GAS 2 Measurements: f1=0.208 Hz, f2=0.210 Hz.
Double check BS pitch with OL.
Adjust SF damper ring to correct gap.
Install lock nuts on F0 GAS FR at TBD positions.
Lock BF and F0 keystones (but not SF keystone).
- Lock RM to BS and IRM to IM.
- Lock RM, IRM and BF (but not SF) to security structure.
- Lock IP.
- Remove F0 keystone top plate (including yaw stepper) and immobilize SF/... in yaw.
- Attach lifting fixture.
- Remove BF- and SF-level crossbars.
- Remove geophones for craning.
- Disconnect in-vacuum cables from feedthrough and coil neatly for craning.
Attach lifting plates.
Tank Preparation Sequence
- Attach Cu segments to LBB damper ring.
- Pass halves of LBB magnet ring into tank, join, and make sandwich for craning.
- Crane tank lid off.
- Crane LBB damper rings to top of tank and suspend.
- Crane suspension out of assembly frame.
- Attach LBB upper rods to LBB blade tips and rotate suspension 45° clockwise.
- Crane suspension into tank and connect upper rods to LBB Cu ring.
- Unclamp LBB ring "sandwich" so LBB Cu ring is suspended on upper rods.
- Install LBB lower rods and hook LBB.
- Measure required ballast for LBB.
- Unlock suspension and readjust.
- Move in-air cabling and feedthroughs and reconnect in-vacuum cables (through Cu O-rings).
In parallel, time permitting
Fix issue with geophone distributor.
- Fix #1 geophone adapter cable (and replace borrowed one).
- Fix broken pico adapter cable.
- Figure out how to tighten PI yaw return spring or otherwise make yaw adjustment reliable.
Tasks Not To Forget
- Update BS Install Procedure with screenshots from new on-assembly-frame 3D CAD.
- Finish assembly drawing for LBB and LBB damper ring and post on JGWDoc (Hirata-san).
- Get pico drive screens fixed (Miyo-kun)
- Get clean bag laundered.
- Put pointy-tipped screw in RM trolley for BS
- Return/replace borrowed parts:
- Lock washers for LBB dampers
- Temporary ballast mass (dog clamps) in BF.
- Swap in new F0-SF maraging rod (with 8-mm heads) and new receptacles to match.
- Decide final in-vacuum and in-air cable routing (Enzo).
Calibrate all LVDTs (Enzo, Mark). BF, SF, PI-GAS, PI-H1, PI-H2, PI-H3
- Adjust yoke on PI to put top of secondary at TBD mm above top of baseplate (or to give ≈0 counts at nominal height).
Real-time and SUMCON models
- Create SUMCON models for full BS and major installation milestones.
Create controls design description (cf LIGO-T1100378).
- Make table of ADC/DAC assignments and check for consistency with D1503600 and k1visbs (Enzo, Mark)
- Understand/document/debug Kokeyama-san's DIO stuff.
- Measure LPCD and HPCD output filter response.
- Design and install software compensation filters for LPCD and HPCD output filters.
- Design and install GAS drift compensation filters.