VIS Type B BS Near Term To-Do List
- Vacuum and roll floor.
- Wipe ladders.
- Tidy tools, parts.
Get stuff from ../WishList
Main Assembly Sequence
- Move in-air cabling and feedthroughs and reconnect in-vacuum cables (through Cu O-rings).
- Fix #1 geophone adapter cable.
- Fix broken pico adapter cable?
- Debug all electronics, starting with IRM OSEMs.
- Unlock IP; use jacks and FRs to center.
- Check IP yaw.
- Recheck centering of suspension in assembly frame.
- Measure IP period; adjust ballast mass.
- Calibrate IP LVDT sensing against IP LVDT actuation, IP FRs.
- LBB stuff (see below).
=== LBB Sequence
- Unclamp LBB ring sandwich; fully suspend Cu ring.
- Unscrew LBB from tank brackets.
- Hook LBB.
- Remove TBD amount of spacers from between LBB and tank brackets.
- Set LBB blade stops to nominal height.
- Extend foot screws on LBB to just barely support LBB.
- Adjust height of LBB magnet ring to set proper gap (4 mm??).
- Retract LBB foot screws.
- Add temporary ballast to LBB until LBB blades just barely sink below stops.
- Check distance from LBB to main beam height (or other suitable reference); adjust by screwing receptacles.
- Set foot screws to give ≈5 mm (or TBD) movement range of LBB below nominal.
- Set stop on LBB blades to give ≈3 mm (or TBD, less than Cu-magnet gap) of LBB above nominal.
In parallel, time permitting
Tasks Not To Forget
- Update BS Install Procedure with screenshots from new on-assembly-frame 3D CAD.
- Finish assembly drawing for LBB and LBB damper ring and post on JGWDoc (Hirata-san).
- Get pico drive screens fixed (Miyo-kun)
- Figure out how to make PI yaw adjustment reliable.
- Get clean bag laundered.
- Put pointy-tipped screw in RM trolley for BS
- Return/replace borrowed parts:
- Lock washers for LBB dampers
- Temporary ballast mass (dog clamps) in BF.
- Swap in new F0-SF maraging rod (with 8-mm heads) and new receptacles to match.
- Decide final in-vacuum and in-air cable routing (Enzo).
Calibrate all LVDTs (Enzo, Mark). BF, SF, PI-GAS, PI-H1, PI-H2, PI-H3
- Adjust yoke on PI to put top of secondary at TBD mm above top of baseplate (or to give ≈0 counts at nominal height).
Real-time and SUMCON models
- Create SUMCON models for full BS and major installation milestones.
Create controls design description (cf LIGO-T1100378).
- Make table of ADC/DAC assignments and check for consistency with D1503600 and k1visbs (Enzo, Mark)
- Understand/document/debug Kokeyama-san's DIO stuff.
- Measure LPCD and HPCD output filter response.
- Design and install software compensation filters for LPCD and HPCD output filters.
- Design and install GAS drift compensation filters.