Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 9/24
- Monday 9/24 was a holiday (Autumn Equinox).
- We moved all the SR2 feedthrough and in-vacuum and in-air cables.
- We tested all the OSEMs and most of the LVDTs. We still need to run power to the pico drivers, and test them and the steppers.
- We unlocked and mostly realigned the suspension. The IM is sitting lower than before but can be brought up to nominal height with BF GAS offset, without any signs of anything touching. The IM also has a moderately large pitch (2.8 mrad according to the OSEMs, about 1 mrad according to the OL) and some roll, which we expect to be able to correct with some pico adjustment. The horizontal IM OSEMs are well-centered (so there is no yaw misalignment).
- We made another attempt to set the pitch of the SRM, but weren't satisfied with how close we were able to get (target 20 mm low, achieved 23 mm), so we didn't tighten the clamps or continue to setting the pitch of the RM.
Plan for week of 10/1
- Mark, Hirata-san, Fabian, Panwei at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Set pitch of SRM and RM, tighten clamps, remove winch system.
- Weigh IM/... section.
- Build up SS to BF level.
- Add BF.
- Suspend IM and tweak height/balance.
- Cable/test BF.
- Install IRM.
- Install/cable/test IM OSEMs.
Plan for week of 10/8
- Monday 10/8 is Sports Day.
- Enzo returns Tuesday 10/9.
- Mark and Terrence (plus TBD) at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian and Panwei at Kamioka Tue-Fri.
- Terrence to set up LEN half of SR3 OL and, time permitting, TILT and LEN for SR2.
- Continue installation.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Enzo: 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.
- Terrence: 10/8-12, 10/29-11/2 at Kamioka.