How to upload a document file to JGW Doc
How to Upload a file
1. Access to JGW Document Database
- Login name and password are required.
Ask any KAGRA members around you if you don't know login name and/or password.
2. Click Reserve Number or Upload Document at the top
In general, please use Reserve Number if possible.
- It allows for obtaining the document identification number before the upload so that one can insert the identification number in the file name for easy identification in future.
Clicking on Reserve Number, you will be transferred to the document number request page, but you don't need to upload the file in this page. You can upload your document files later. You get a JGW number here, put the number in your document and then you can upload them.
If you click on Upload, you have to upload your document in the next step.
- The forms with a * symbol must be filled.
3. Enter the Title and Abstract
- The present year will be shown by default. If this year is 2013, the document number will be G130xxxx.
- If you put other year in the document number, please put the year you like to put. For example, if you put 2009, the document number will be G090xxxx.
4. Upload the file
If you have multiple files you can select files up to 6. Please ignore Descriprion, Main section.
The file cannot be uploaded if you chose Resreve Document above. Open the page you made with reserved number on JGWDoc, then click Create a new version on the left column to upload the document.
Do not use Japanese character in the file name. It will cause a trouble on the system, and files can not be uploaded.
5. Document Type
- Please select G for the normal presentation and T for the technical documents. This classification of Document Type will be the first letter of the document number you will get later.
You cannot change the document number once you get the number. (Please do not hesitate to get a new number if you make a mistake.)
6. Submitter and Authors
When you select names, you see so many names. If you type the name rapidly, you can jump to the target name directly.
You can pick up multiple authors by control key for Windows, command key for Mac.
You can register your name if you do not see your name in the Authors list. From Top page, click the Authors in the middle, then click (Add a new author) on the 3rd line. In the case if you do not see your institute name, please contact to Osamu. Currently only administrator can add institute names.
- "Public" will be selected by default and the document will be open to public.
- Chose "upload" or "upload and admin" in the case that you would like to open only to KAGRA collaborators.
- Modify defines groups which can update documents later.
- Usually, please choose "upload" or "upload and admin".
If you selected only "admin", documents cannot be updated without asking administrator.
Do not select only "update" for view and only "admin" for Modify. Anybody won't be able to update the documents after all because documents cannot be seen with admin authority and cannot be updated with upload authority. We don't have any solution of this problem so far.
- Select at least one topic.
- Select Management if necessary.
- Select "conference" for big conferences or international conferences and "meeting" for other small meetings.
- Ask Osamu if you would like to add other items.
10. Enter Related Documents (if you have need)
Enter 'docid' in the box of Related Documents if you have any related documents.
- 'docid' is the paticular 1-5 digits number which is attached to each document. Please refer to the explanation below.
- You can refer to multiple related documents by putting multiple docid separated by space.
It is convenient that referred documents can have automatically links from which referred.
Please fill in other items by your self.
Currently, you cannot delete files because of the security reasons even if you upload by mistake. Please contact Osmau when you need to delete the file by some reason. Also, you cannot delete or change the document number once you get. When you get a number by mistake, don't hesitate to get a new number again.
How to Check, Update and Modify files
1. Put your name in the search box on the top page (click "DocDB Home" on top in any page of JGWDoc)
2. Or select the uploaded document from the list shown if you click "List Recen Changes" on top page .
- You have succeeded in uploading If the document you uploaded is shown.
Direct URL will be like http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=18.
- Last docid=XXXX is the particular document number.
3. Click "Create a new version" on the left of the page if you want to update your documents.
- The similar page when you uploaded will be shown, so please select and upload new files.
If you cannot see "Create a new version", probably you selected "admin" in 'Modify' section when you uploaded or reserved a number. (If you do not see, "upload" on "Modifarable by" in the right column. Then please contact Osamu.)
4. If you have some small change for abstract or adding authors etc. just click "Change DB Info" in the left column on the page.
All the information shown in this page are for private access. They have "private" after "cgi-bin" of "http://...". People who don't have the right to upload can not see the private pages.
In order to show the pages to people who don't have the right to upload, tell them the link deleted "private" from the address above. Then they will be able to access the page.
- For example, if the address of private files is :