FPC Meeting on 2019/01/08 17:00 - 18:15 (JST)
Participants: Chunglee Kim, Kentaro Komori, Matteo Leonardi, Yuta Michimura, Kentaro Somiya, Sadakazu Haino
Zoom meeting(2): https://zoom.us/j/6676627462
- Next meeting will be held around the end of January (doodle poll will be circulated).
Q&A with Nishizawa-san
- Have the KAGRA+ noise curves on the Wiki (JGWdoc) already fixed and been ready for use?
- How can the authors access to the overleaf? Do they need an account and a permission to log in?
- Yes. We need to create an account with the E-mail address used in the FPC mailing list. Michimura-san already invited us based on these address so that we have permission to edit.
- The starting date (for the science section) is a little delayed. Can we set the deadline for the science section, say, at the end of February?
- Yes. But later in during this meeting, we decided to apply for two deadlines (End/January and End February). So for the moment let's ask for the writing by the end of January (even though we know that many people are very busy).
Brief introduction of strategy (by SH)
- We would like to ask to people who are assigned to write the science section to also provide us a numerical function of frequency for us to easily evaluate the "range" with the assumed sensitivity curves, and make iterative procedure to optimize the upgrade plan
- Matteo and Chunglee: For the discovery part, SNR=8 only by KAGRA may not be enough but we should consider the antenna pattern and network SNR
- Matteo: In case of A+ and AdV+, the usual approach is to estimate the range that GWINC gives us (accumulative SNR) with a single detector in a Sky in a optimized position.
- SH: We should take the same approach but my idea is to extend that range calculation for other physics cases not only for BNS/BBH
Survey of the current technologies
It was originally filled at the Wiki by Michimura-san.
- Let's complete the list by the end of this week (Jan./13) and make an announcement to KAGRA all to start the open discussion
- We will also send to each assigned person to start the writing
- We should set the (first) deadline as end of January
- We should list up all the possible technologies including some far advanced as well as upgrade not only for sensitivity
- (Actually it seems to be already filled by Somiya-san)
- We will also ask to KAGRA collaboration and assigned people if there are anything else in addition to those in the list
Those non-sensitivity upgrade can be included in the Project R&D
- We should also ask to the responsible people in the subsystem to summarize the current status