FPC Meeting on 2019/03/08 13:00 - (JST)
Participants: Chunglee Kim, Kentaro Komori, Matteo Leonardi, Yuta Michimura, Atsushi Nishizawa, Kentaro Somiya, SH
Zoom meeting(2): https://zoom.us/j/6676627462
- Next meeting will be around beg. April before f2f (doodle poll will be circulated).
- Collecting the science part (Coordinated by Nishizawa, ... )
- More detailed scoring of science cases (currently only factor of 2 or not)
Scoring the relevance to KAGRA and feasibility of each technology: new version by KS, YM, SH, ML, KK
- Sensitivity optimization
- Fill-up the remaining part in Technology Survey coordinated by
- Matteo : squeezing and filter cavity
- Michimura : Low frequency related
- Haino : Cryogenic and mirrors based on inputs
- KAGRA sensitivity code management
- Matteo: Integrating Michimura-san's python code with GWINC (JH)
- Review and check the squeezing parts (Matteo, Eleonora, ...)
Review of science section (Nishizawa)Slides
We are waiting for 9 topics for CBC and 3 for others
(Somiya) What is the frequencies of higher order ((3,3), (4,4)) bringdown modes ? => similar to the fundamental mode (2,2)
(Haino) The sensitivities in P.11 (Stellar oscillation) look strange => to be checked with the author
(Haino) Why KLF >> bK for BNS ? => Narrow band (like LF) can break the degeneracy for BNS
(Haino) More detailed scoring would help to evaluate which upgrade plans have more science cases => action item
Some new idea and discussion of sensitivity optimization (Haino) Slides
(Matteo) Why don't we try to combine 40kg and high power instead of FD squeezing ? => It can be also done, but the feasibility of 40kg mirror is still uncertain. So SH thought that FD squeezing is a bit more feasible at this stage.
- (Matteo) Increasing the filter cavity length from 100m to 300m is just the scaling of cost, which we need a kind of technological jump from 30m to 100m. The longer filter cavity is more important for heavy mass upgrade option.
(Somiya) Buonanno & Chen code (BnC) can also take account of finite SRC length by modifying the beta term
(Somiya) Why higher finesse is not preferred ? => The arm round trip loss (rtl) is more limiting the sensitivity with higher finesse
(Somiya) We should score each technology both in relevance to KAGRA and feasibility => action item
KIW5 (Feb./16) report (Michimura, Haino)
FPC talk in LVC meeting (Mar./18-21) (Haino)
Now talk is assigned at Instrument science plenary: Link to DCC (now accessible with KAGRA)
- We may ask to some FPC sub-groups (now a kind of sub-people) to give talks. We will also ask for contributed talks.
- A few from FPC will go there, we may ask for a few talks related with FPC ?
Some complains on the current format of references in the white paper. => At this stage we accept any kinds of reference formats and later on we will convert into one specific format.