CAL Meeting on 2017/5/10 17:00-
Participants : B.H.Hsieh, Y.Inoue, N.Kanda, T.Shishido, T.Tomaru, T.Yamamoto, T.Yokozawa, SH
Pcal development - Inoue
- Yokozawa-san and Binhua will arrange their schedule in Kamioka to join the Tcam installation work.
- Yuki made a performance test of 20W laser and found a noise peak at 1952 Hz. We will ask to the company if they can shift this peak to higher frequency.
- 20W laser is sampled and attenuated to be measured by a power meter in mW range, but eventually we can use the Working Standard (Integrating Sphere +PD) to measure the absolute power.
- "The possible 1-week delay of the schedule" is not actually the delay (by Tomaru-san) but anyway it is independent of Tcam installation work.
- Now we have WSK (KAGRA Working Standard) at LHO and LIGO Pcal group is helping us to make a periodic measurements w.r.t. LIGO Gold Standard (GS) to check the stability. Soon they will ship the WSK to KEK and we can use it as an absolute power reference.
iKAGRA calibration - Yamamoto
- Yokozawa-san commented that the time delay of ADC/DAC may be different. For bKAGRA calibration we need to measure the time delay of ADC/DAC after we install the final place.
- SH commented that we should better present in DAS meeting about the current study of iKAGRA h(t) re-generation and ask for what they want.
- Kanda-san commented that it is interesting to compare the results between current h(t) and new h(t) after correcting for the possible time variation particularly on the non-Gaussianity and noise floor.
Hardware injection - Yokozawa
- Yokozawa-san is waiting for the update of Type-A and CRY payload transfer function, but he can start to use the currently available one by Yuki, Okutomi-san and Miyamoto-san.
- JPS presentation is discussed later.
- Tcam development - Shishido
- The currently shown photo of the target marker doesn't look good but he will use the original photo instead of the compressed one.
- Kanda-san suggested to use the grid paper (ho-gan-shi) to check the deformation but Shishido-san already did it and he will also show the photo.
- He will give a talk in KIW3 as his "debut" talk so he will improve the slides and make more practice.
- Yuki submitted an abstract of "KAGRA calibration" to GWPAW after discussing with Yamamoto-san and SH, and now it is accepted as an oral presentation. We plan to have a meeting with Virgo CAL team together with Yuki, Kanda-san, Yokozawa-san, SH in Annecy because Annecy is the home institute of Virgo CAL group.
- Current list of JPS talks on CAL
- T.Yokozawa - CAL status talk and Hardware Injection
- T.Yamamoto - iKAGRA calibration and/or evaluation of online h(t)
- Y.Inoue - Pcal development
- T.Shishido - Tcam development and ETM image during the huging test
- B.H.Hsieh - Two optical follower servo development (for Pcal transmitter)
- SEO approved all the budget request from CAL but they also asked us to use other fundings if possible. Tomaru-san won Kiban-A so we will decide how to distribute budgets (mostly for Pcal hardware).