KAGRA Timing System
Note of the Meeting with Zsuzsa (Jul 15, 2016 at Columbia University)
Suggestions (random order)
- You may not want more IRIG-B boards because there is Dsub output on the back of IRIG-B board with which we can convert to BNC to use more outputs.
- It's better to connect two GPS antennas to Master board so that one can be used when the other signal is lost.
- In the master board, VCXO is not available in the market anymore. However Szusza has spares.
- In the comparator board, there is one chip which gets very hot. Make sure to cool it down.
- Check if the leap second is correctly compensated in the oldest IRIG-B (one arrived on 5/7/2012, installed in the front room). iKAGRA timing might have been off 1 sec!