Shutter for the input beam
- We tried to install a medium-speed shutter in 2017 to shut the input beam after the IMMTs so that installation work after the PRM can be done without wearing safety glasses.
- However, the shutter did not work somehow and the anticipation failed.
Shutter for the output mode-cleaner
- We planned to reuse the shutter to shut the beam before the OMC so that the OMC can be protected until the main interferometer is robustly operated in the dark fringe.
- We planned to use the same shutter we purchased for the input beam in 2017.
- If the shutter is used after the IMMT2, the beam radius is 4mm and the max tolerable power will be 125W.
- If the shutter is used before the OMC, the beam radius is 0.45mm and the max tolerable power will be 1.5W.
- The total opening time is 54msec. The shutter speed is higher than this if the beam is placed near the center of the shutter.
- The shutter is vacuum compatible: 1e-8 torr.
- The shutter driver is VED24.