Simulation meeting 2021 Nov 11 15:00
Naoki Koyama, Marc Eisenmann, Tomotada Akutsu, Yuta Michimura, Haoyu Wang
Updates from Projects
Slide for updates link
- The Matlab code for calculating birefringence maps has been uploaded for sharing.
- We have checked most ITM maps:
- The surface map (HR map) after coating shows no flat edges. So we cannot use it to infer the rotation angle of the mirror.
- We cannot use the tilt information in TWE map to recover the rotation either as the mirror will be re-aligned when taking measurements at different rotations with a Fizeau interferometer.
- The HR surface map after removing curvature shows no rotation at all. We guess what was measured is not HR surface but something else.
- The TWE map shows some scratches which is not very clear. We will try to use this information to recover the rotation.
- We are still testing the MZ model. Some simple examples are compared with theoretical calculations. But we cannot understand the result after applying the map.
- Some additional windows are added to the main interface, which makes the GUI more convenient and look more professional. E.g., users can see the kat code window now when they changes the simulation parameters.
- Marc is collecting data of sapphire properties and developing Pygwinc for frequency dependent squeezing.