Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry, Hirata-san):
- We removed the BF cap to debug the stepper motor. We checked the cabling but didn't find a problem. Eventually toggling the power to the driver box seemed to fix it.
- We got the wheels removed from the two tall stepladders.
- We started to rebalance the IM but came to realize that it was unstable for more than trivial pitch and roll (and had been for some time). We moved trim mass from top to bottom and it became unconditionally stable.
- We rebalance the IM, put back the IRM and adjusted the OSEMs.
- We took a successful TF in IM-L.
- We added the security structure ring for below the SF and then added the SF. We noticed the cap is on at the wrong angle (so the keystone lock screws are inaccessible) but we can easily fix that.
Plan for coming weeks
- Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Perry Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday except for Hirata-san Wednesday-Friday).
- Finish SF installation.
- Finish BF cabling, hang BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS from SF and confirm weight matches load capacity.
- Re-trim BF as necessary.
- Get picomotor driver working.
Week after next:
- Everyone (Mark, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san) at Kamioka, Monday-Friday.
- Prepare for PI installation.