Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Enzo, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We removed the LBB damper rings from the tank and passed them to Takahashi-san for recleaning. Unfortunately two screws galled, one holding on a Cu segment, and one holding on a joint piece.
- We removed the LBB blade units from the PI, removed the blades and shipped them off for rework.
- We pulled out all the old in-air cabling.
- We laid about 9 new in-air cables.
- We wrapped/labelled the BS mirror box, the winch system, the trolley adapters, and many other tools that we do not expect to use any time soon.
- We connected up, tested and calibrated the BF LVDT.
- We adjusted the ballast mass on the IM to make it hang level and at the right height. However we had to reduce the weight by a further 686 g relative to the plan of 2017-08-09. We found a combination that was good except for the fact that it used round masses on the bottom corners, so we decided to have the 641 g rectangular masses cut down by 60 g each. Mesco was able to do this within 24 hours. We will reclean the parts on Friday afternoon and swap them in on Monday.
At Mitaka (Hirata-san:
- Hirata-san got a quotation about optical bench from Mirapro and contacted them about reducing cost.
- He asked Suzuki-san (Tokyo university) to order them (delivery date is 10/24, so far).
- He modified SR assembly frame design (from Fabian) and asked Mirapro for quotation.
- He liaised with Koshin-shoko about modification of BS LBB blade springs.
- He asked ATC for making t4.5 ballast mass for PR. He washed them and sent them to Kamioka with the PR thrust bearing.
- He worked on the 3D model of SR3 SUS wires, and making a list for quotation.
Plan for week of 8/21
Vacation: Fabian (Mon)
Internship: Kozu-kun (Mon-Fri)
Kamioka: Mark, Ohishi, Fabian (Tue-Fri), Enzo, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri).
- Swap in new IM ballast masses; readjust height and levelness.
- Install side panels of IRM and OSEMs.
- Route IRM OSEM cables, test/adjust IRM OSEMs.
- Add BF cap; cable and test BF-1 and BF-2 picos.
- Lift and weigh BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS; adjust ballast mass.
- Crane in SF.
- (Time permitting) Try TFs with optical sensors.
- SR stuff.
Plan for week of 8/28
Kamioka: Mark, Ohishi, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun.
- Suspend BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Install SF cap; route cables.
- Lift and weigh SF/BF/IRM/IM/RM/BS.
- Adjust SF ballast.
Fabian: Fri 8/4 through Mon 8/21 Mark: TBD Mid-Oct