Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun, Kozu-kun):
- We characterized the remachined LBB blades, chose three and installed them in the LBB blade units in the PI.
- We removed all sticky labels from the PI and cleaned the affected areas (and as much as possible of the rest of the surface) with ethanol.
- We rearranged the arc weights on the PI to make space for the magic wand and installed the magic wand.
- We rearranged the magnets on the SF damper ring to suit three Cu segments (instead of two as in the test hang).
- We put proper vacuum-compatible tubing around all the stepper motor connections on the top of the PI (replacing cling wrap).
- We craned out the SF temporarily and retrieved the lost PEEK cable clamp collet from the BF.
- We closed the BF, craned the SF back in, and hooked the BF/..., this time with the hex cable clamp.
- We routed cables from the BF via the hex cable clamp to the SF level.
- We adjusted the BF trim mass for pitch, roll and vertical, and got the IRM hanging symmetrically around the IM.
- We adjusted all the IRM OSEMs laterally and in/out.
- We calibrated the SF LVDT and tested the SF FR stepper.
- We suspended the SF/... section and weighed it but found the old 7-mm maraging rod adapter did not hold it at the center, so we had to lift it with slings and could not accurately trim it for pitch/roll.
- Therefore we brought forward the craning in of the PI with the SF damper ring hanging from it.
- We suspended the SF successfully from the PI and unlocked the F0 keystone to check the mass budget. We needed about 1.5 kg extra, which is about right considering the hex cable clamp and cables.
- However we had to leave out the F0-SF hex cable clamp because of a bad thread on the inside of the cap. Hirata-san will make a new cap by enlarging the 7-mm hole in an old cap to 8 mm.
Plan for week of 9/4
Plan for week of 9/13
Mark (except Wed), Fabian (except Mon, Tue), Enzo, Ohishi-san (except Mon-Wed), Hirata-san, Yoshioka-kun (Tue, Wed, Fri), Kozu-kun
- Reinstall F0-SF rod, this time with hex cable clamp.
- Route cables.
- Adjust SF trim mass, adjust tilt and vertical.
- Adjust SF damper gap.
- Cable and test IP LVDTs.
- Cable and test F0 LVDT.
- Cable and test PI steppers.
- Cable and test geophones.