Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Past week report
At Kamioka (Mark, Ohishi-san, Fabian, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun):
- We couldn't account for a bubble level, so we removed a service port cover, searched again on top of the BF and found it.
- We put the table KOACH filters on the table. Ohishi-san then removed the FC in two stages (AR side on Tue, HR side on Fri).
- Ohishi-san measured the height of the SS and optic relative to the tank and found the optic was 3 mm low but the SS was 2 mm high. According to the GAS LVDTs, the suspension had not sagged but was 1.7 mm high.
- Therefore we raised the suspension by 9 quarter-turns of the tank jacks (4.5 mm) so that the optic would be in the right position after (future) downward adjustment of the GAS filters.
- We put the GAS LVDT calibration data as offsets and gains in the LVDTINF filters so the output would be height in µm relative to nominal.
- We calibrated the IP LVDTs. We had worked around a mechanical interference due to the poor design of the old LVDTs by setting them to be 4 mm off-center with the IP locked centrally, but we discovered this was overkill and we have lost some linear range on the LVDT sensor in the opposite direction. If we have time we may move the LVDT bases 1-2 mm to a compromise position.
- We worked with Simon to get the OL aligned and to learn the adjustment procedure.
- Mark updated Sekiguchi-san's SUMCON to allow for comments to be entered next to all values (75% finished).
- Kozu-kun worked on deriving the diagonalization matrices for the IP FRs.
At Mitaka (Hirata-san):
- Hirata-san met with manufacturers and requested quotes.
- Hirata-san made many assembly drawings for sections of the SR.
- Hirata-san worked on compiling the SR inventory.
Plan for week of 10/16
Kamioka: all but Mark
- Remove sticker residue and permanent marker writing on PI.
- Fix broken and unreliable connections on IP LVDTs.
- Wipe any rust from around IP LVDTs.
- (If Enzo thinks it necessary and there's time) adjust IP LVDT mechanical offsets to maximize usable range and recalibrate.
- Add IP LVDT gains and offsets to IP_LVDTINF filter blocks.
- Calibrate IP LVDT actuation against IP LVDT sensing.
- Install damping filters for IP LVDTs.
- Adjust gains and debug damping for IM OSEMs and GAS LVDTs.
- Modify IP LVDT damping filters to include set point.
- Install and debug IP LVDT and geophone diagonalization matrices.
- (Time permitting) Try adding mass to IP.
- Work with alignment team.
- Work with Mirapro on SR LBB and tank installation (Hirata-san, from Wed)
- Work with Miyo-kun to get user interface for stepper motors.
- Calibrate IP FR actuation against IP LVDT sensing.
- SR procurement.