Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for weeks of 5/14, 5/21
- We weighted the IM/... section of the SR3.
- We set up for the F0 blade prototype test.
- Takahashi-san characterized the F0 prototype blades, and ordered final blades based on the BS and SR mass budgets.
- Hirata-san characterized the LBB blades and identified three sets with blades of similar strength, plus two weaker ones. However he realized that M12x50 Bumax screws for the blade sets had not been ordered, so he got a new quote and ordered them for delivery 6/11.
- Mirapro installed the mushroom section of the SRM tank.
- We craned in the BF and cabled and tested the yaw pico, the FR stepper and the LVDT.
- We hung the IM/... section from the BF, removed ≈200 g of trim mass and rearranged the rest to get the desired height, pitch and roll.
- We added the sides of the IRM and the IM OSEMs, cabled the OSEMs, and adjusted everything to get good lateral and in/out alignment of the OSEMs.
- Hirata-san organized getting the LBB damper rings into the SR3 tank. He joined the halves of the Cu and magnet rings and got them ready for craning (which will happen later when we have rebuilt the SR3 IP and have somewhere to park the lid of the vacuum chamber). However he encountered a problem with the top ring: one of the screw holes in the top of the tank is not fully threaded, so one of the pillars to support half of the ring cannot be attached. He is considering various options.
Plan for week of 5/28
- Mark, Enzo at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Hirata-san at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is monthly Mitaka day.)
- Kozu-kun at Kamioka Mon only. (Rest of week is job interviews.)
Plan for week of 6/4
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is medical checkup at Mitaka.)
To-Do Lists, Schedule