Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for weeks of 5/14, 5/21
- We set up for the F0 blade prototype test.
- Takahashi-san characterized the F0 prototype blades, and ordered final blades based on the BS and SR mass budgets.
- Hirata-san characterized the LBB blades and identified three sets with blades of similar strength, plus two weaker ones. However he realized that M12x50 Bumax screws for the blade sets had not been ordered, so he got a new quote and ordered them for delivery 6/11.
- Mirapro installed the mushroom section of the SRM tank.
- We added the budgeted amount of ballast to the IM/... section of the SR3.
- We craned in the BF and cabled and tested the yaw pico, the FR stepper and the LVDT.
- We hung the IM/... section from the BF, removed ≈200 g of trim mass and rearranged the rest to get the desired height, pitch and roll.
- We added the sides of the IRM and the IM OSEMs, cabled the OSEMs, and adjusted everything to get good lateral and in/out alignment of the OSEMs.
- Enzo did TFs using the IM OSEMs and the BF LVDT.
- We added the BF cap and weighed the BF/... section. We will need to remove the cap again and add about 5 kg of ballast mass.
- Hirata-san organized getting the LBB damper rings into the SR3 tank. He joined the halves of the Cu and magnet rings and got them ready for craning (which will happen later when we have rebuilt the SR3 IP and have somewhere to park the lid of the vacuum chamber). However he encountered a problem with the top ring: one of the screw holes in the top of the tank is not fully threaded, so one of the pillars supporting the top ring cannot be attached. He is considering various options.
- Hirata-san and Kozu-kun made rod assemblies for the LBB damper rings.
- Enzo made a batch of flipping and non-flipping feedthrough adapters.
- Yamamoto-san connected up the SRM rack.
- We installed a booth thermometer for the SR3.
Plan for week of 5/28
- Mark, Enzo at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Hirata-san at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is monthly Mitaka day.)
- Matteo at Kamioka from Tue. He may help Type B to get experience.
- Kozu-kun at Kamioka Mon only. (Rest of week is job interviews.)
- Hirata-san will modify and clean some Promec masses at Mitaka (making threaded holes unthreaded to allow stacking).
- Cable and test BF cap picos.
- Install internal ballast masses.
- Install cap ballast masses.
- Build up security structure to SF level.
- Crane in SF and remove cap.
- Hook BF and adjust total ballast.
- Route cables through SF-BF flying saucer up to bottom of SF.
- Adjust BF trim mass.
Plan for week of 6/4
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Tue-Fri. (Mon is NAOJ medical checkup.)
- Readjust payload.
- Take TFs.
- Add budgeted ballast mass to SF.
- Cable, test SF LVDT and FR.
- Characterize final F0 blades.
- Finish four half-assembled geophones.
Plan for week of 6/11
- Mark Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun at Kamioka Tue-Fri (Mon is compensation day for f2f.)
- Rebuild F0 #3 for SR3.
- Park F0 #1 (for SR2) in top of SR3 assembly frame.
- Move F0 #3 behind SR3.
- Make LBB blade sets (or at least 3 of 9).
To-Do Lists, Schedule