Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 5/28
- Enzo and Mark debugged the BS BIO connections and finally got it working. There were a total of four issues identified:
- A wrong block used in the BS real-time model.
- The real-time model deciding to treat the cards as numbered backwards from the slot order or the jumper settings.
- Two unlabeled cables that may have been swapped.
- The GAS coil driver and associated cables had been labeled HPCD #1 whereas it had been #0 in the diagram.
- Hirata-san and Kozu-kun received the final F0 blades, characterized 6 of them and, with help from Takahashi-san, installed a matched set of 3 into PI #3. It appears to be 6 kg short of the load capacity that was targeted, but still with 4 kg of margin. It is close to having a good frequency but needs another round of tuning.
- Mark and Terrence fixed an issue with the security structure - due to a screenshot of the CAD not updated from the BS procedure to the SR one, the BF ring had been placed 180° off in yaw. We suspended the BF from the load gauge adapter, reconfigured the BF jacks to support the ring instead of the BF, and rotated the ring. Mark corrected the procedure.
Plan for week of 6/11
- Mark Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun, Terrence at Kamioka Tue-Fri (Mon is compensation day for f2f.)
- Route cables through SF-BF flying saucer up to bottom of SF.
- Add minimal ballast mass to SF (rough balance only) and weigh SF/... section.
- Adjust BF trim mass.
- Readjust payload.
- Take TFs.
- Cable, test SF LVDT and FR.
- Add calculated ballast to SF.
- Finish tuning F0 #3 for SR3.
- Park F0 #1 (for SR2) in top of SR3 assembly frame.
- Move F0 #3 behind SR3.
- Move F0 #1 to "factory" area (in front of SRM) and start rebuild.
Plan for week of 6/18
- Mark Enzo, Hirata-san, Kozu-kun, Terrence at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Install PI.
- Suspend SF/... section.
- Lots of cabling.
To-Do Lists, Schedule