Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for week of 7/23
- We finished adding cable clamps to the SR2 PI and SF.
- We craned in the SR2 PI and installed the PI-SF rod. As expected, there was not quite enough load capacity for even a 2 Cu-segment SF.
We changed the CuBe spring on the SR2 PI from an F2 type to an F1 and got about an extra 2 kg, which is plenty for 2 Cu segments.
- We moved the feedthroughs from the SR3 assembly frame to the SR3 tank. Mirapro then moved the assembly frame to the SRM area. Mirapro also moved the duct on the +Y side of the SR3 tank to give us access to that side.
- We laid a new set of SR3 in-air cables running directly to the tank. (We will repurpose the original set for SRM.)
- We reconnected the SR3 cables on both sides of the feedthroughs. We had to adjust the routing of the in-vacuum ones several times to stop them touching the tank, but we finally found a good solution.
- With help from Ohishi-san we removed the First Contact and then unlocked the whole suspension by stages. We need to check the optic pitch and do a little more mechanical adjustment but we were able to take TFs and implement IM and GAS control filters.
- Hirata-san and Fujii-kun received most of the SRM metal mass parts, did inventory and practiced some of the key steps in the assembly, especially inserting the Sol-Black coated parts without touching the delicate surfaces.
- Mark did inventory of the BIO stuff for the WD and of the OL parts.
Plan for week of 7/30
- Mark, Enzo, Hirata-san, Fabian, Kozu-kun, Terrence, Panwei at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Kozu-kun works at Mozumi Mon, Fri, and Thu afternoon.
- Finalize optic pitch, OSEM alignment.
- Hook LBB, add ballast mass, set up temporary OL (horizontal beam, pitch/yaw only).
- Identify/acquire items required for final OL (steering mirrors, second QPD, lens, collimator).
- Fix issue with PI/SS/chain alignment.
- Put magnets on SR damper ring (2 Cu segment pattern).
- Remove PI-SF rod temporarily, install Cu segments and damper ring.
- Do vertical height budget; choose optimum F0 keystone height.
- Add estimated final ballast mass.
- Do PI cable routing.
- Adjust ballast/trim mass, with reserve for cables.
- Set up filter tuning area.
- Tune F0 for SRM.
- Add LBB blade units, cable clamps etc.
- Check PI coil connections, IP LVDT magnets.
To-Do Lists, Schedule
- Terrence: 8/24-26 f2f, then returns to Hong Kong.
- Enzo: 9/14 JPS, 9/15 through 10/8 vacation in Chile.