Scraps of text for incorporation in the VIS Meeting Minutes
Type B (Mark)
Report for the week of 3/25
- Mark and Fabian helped Fujii-kun with PR2. The problem turned out to be two broken flags. Hirata-san drew up a design for a jig to help reglue the flags in situ.
Fabian documented the height budget for the Type B suspension in the wiki (KAGRA/Subgroups/VIS/OpsManual/TypeB/SR3Data etc).
- Terrence wrote up the final version of his OL diagonalization scheme.
- Terrence worked on L2P decoupling for the TM.
- Terrence and Mark edited the Type B Guardian to turn on the payload damping later in the sequence, after IP and GAS, to help ensure that the OSEMs are not touching by the time they're needed (which can happen if the BF is buoyancy compensated for vacuum but the suspension is vented).
- Mark started on a big tidy-up of the cleanbooth.
- Mark asked LIGO colleagues about use-by dates for EP30-2. Masterbond says it's good for 6 months in cartridge form and 12 months in jar form (although presumably only if the jars are not opened). If it's too old it may remain tacky after curing. The batch that Type B has was manufactured 2017-11-02 and KEK has a batch from early 2018.
Plan for week of 3/25
- Mark, Fabian at Kamioka Mon-Fri.
- Assist with PR2.
- Work on Type B paper.
- Modify RT models and/or Guardian to revert to the SAFE state under control in all but the most extreme emergency situations (rather than suddenly shutting off all output).
- Tidy up.
- Gather and clean tools.
- Gather and organize unused parts and fasteners.
- Return all unused cables to tent.
- Tidy up cables in rear of SR2 rack.
- Enzo's last day 3/29.
- Terrence's last day for now, 3/29.
- Mark compensation day for 3/21: 3/29. (He is not really typing these minutes, and anyone who sounds like him in the meeting is an impostor!)
- Type B going-away party for Terrence/Enzo, 3/29 in Tokyo.
- Terrence's next visit from 4/18.
- Fabian's vacation 4/26 to 5/10.
- Mark's vacation from about 5/22 to 6/11 (TBD).
- Mark's final day 6/28.