Minutes of the MIF Meeting 2012/10/9
Date, Time, Place: 2012/10/9 13:30 - 15:00 on EVO
Participants: Aso, Arai, Somiya, Shibata, H. Yamamoto, Akutsu, Ando, Miyakawa, R. Takahashi
KAGRA OMC Development Strategy
- A proof-of-concept style prototype experiment will be conducted at TITEC (Somiya group)
- At the same time, Arai-san will develop a production OMC for LLO this year.
- Someone from KAGRA (most likely Michimura-kun) will be involved in the process to gain knowledge of aLIGO OMC.
- Based on the aLIGO OMC design, we will design KAGRA OMC.
- This OMC will be tested somewhere (to be decided) under vacuum with full digital control and suspended steering mirrors.
- The intention of the above test is to gain experience in the KAGRA team of operating OMC. We will use a small Michelson to mimic the KAGRA interferometer.
Coordination of Interferometer Related Experiments
- It is time to coordinate interferometer related experiments, including but not limited to prototype and first article tests, within the KAGRA group.
- Y. Aso will make a draft of a who-does-what list.
- Circulation of the list shall start a discussion via email
- Y. Aso will organize a face-to-face meeting on this issue at an appropriate time (likely to be in early November)
- Oct. 23 (Tue) 13:30 - 14:30 on EVO