ISC Meeting on 2018/6/18 14:00 - 15:00
Participants: Yutaro Enomoto, Yoichi Aso, Eiichi Hirose, Keiko Kokeyama, Koji Nagano, Koji Arai, Kiwamu Izumi, Stefan Ballmer, Kohei Yamamoto, Masayuki Nakano, Osamu Miyakawa, Kentaro Somiya
eZuce meeting: "KAGRA ISC Meeting" in the KEK community.
2018/7/2 (Mon) 14:00-15:00 (JST)
2018/7/2 (Mon) 07:00-08:00 (CEST) (Michimura at Virgo from June 4 to August 17)
2018/7/2 (Sun) 22:00-23:00 (PDT)
ALS modeling etc [Enomoto] JGW-G1808393
- Check CARM to DARM coupling
- Check the effect of cavity pole in reflection.
- Check Refcav AOM saturation
- Check RF PD saturation.
- Other notes
- Right now, Refcav AOM is driven at 110 MHz. If we make 80 MHz Low Noise VCO also for PSL AOM, we also have to change the AOM
- Maybe we can do green PDH with commercial ones (Hamamatsu S3399?), but f3-f1, f2-f1, and 3f also need BB PDs. Maybe we should make BB PDs.
- Summing node is necessary for ALS
Main topics for Phase-2 [Michimura]
- Fix initial alignment scheme for full IFO
- Finalize ALS scheme and RF AM generation scheme and finalize lock acquisition scheme
- ISC modeling, especially ASC modeling, for intermediate IFO configurations
- Tanioka for ASC?
- Cabling diagram
Michimura's trial JGW-D1808336
- Izumi will start from ALS cabling diagram and then FSS cabling
- Making a whole cabling diagram would be tough, but cabling for RF PD/QPDs is kind of obvious and we can simplify them.
- In-vacuum RF PD and RF QPD
- Izumi will ask LIGO people first. And ask Doi for handling fabrication?
- Readout DC PDs and OMC
- DC PDs purchased. We have to make holders. Somiya?
- Design output optics on optical tables
- Fix initial alignment scheme for full IFO
Three-f or f3 for early phase of bKAGRA ?
- Three-f (THD)
Needs RF tripler for 16.88 MHz and 45 MHz, RF PD for 50.64 MHz (3*f1) and 135 MHz (3*f2). Broadband photo detector? (LIGO-D1002969)
- operational frequency range of IQ demodulator: upto 100 MHz
- needs RF differential frequency generator (or harmonics generator) for 39.39 MHz (f3-f1) and 11.25 MHz (f3-f2), RF PD for those frequencies.
- needs Mach-Zehnder modulation
- EOAM cannot be done with wedged EOM
- maybe we can do AM generation by other methods? Modulation by laser current? 5.6 MHz option?
- For MZI experiment, Kokeyama/Yamakoh/Nakano/Michimura agreed on (June 1, 2018)
- Continue MZI experiment at final positions (bypass of PMC necessary to work with PMC in parallel)
- Decide the feasibility of three-f or other RF AM generation scheme by June 18
- If MZI is not feasible, remove BS or replace it with a mirror and switch to three-f option
- Delay line MZI can also be omitted if we are happy with 20W
- Three-f (THD)
Low noise VCO
- needs 71 MHz reference source
- at least 5?
where to put a frequency offset: arm length or PLL offset [Enomoto] JGW-L1807726
fiber selection meeting on March 23
- determined to use end-cap for both
- there was a suggestion to lay IR fibers also
fiber layout determined? fiber length: 50m
RF PD for green?
ALS status JGW-G1808393
ALS circuit diagram JGW-D1808394
- simulation on imperfections (MZ arm asymmetry, MZ lock, EOM phase difference control etc.)
- calculate requirements on MZI displacement, EOM modulation phase difference, EOM imbalance
- Requirements derived from full Optickle simulation and those derived from transfer function between displacement of MZI and sideband power kind of matched after implementing RAM into calculation for the latter. However, we need more investigation on the following issues:
- Modulation depth for RAM generating EOM changes the requirement.
- Spectrum shapes of the requirements for mid-fringe do not match. Maybe coming from accuracy of the mid-fringe?
- Unknown frequency response of the transfer function from the displacement of MZI and sideband power
- Check if caluculated RF oscillator amplitude noise is relative one or not with simple Optickle model
- calculations for requirements on delay line lock displacement noise, parallel EOM MZ lock displacement noise, EOM modulation phase difference, EOM imbalance on-going
Relative f1 PM and f1 AM also needs to be adjusted (CQG 31, 095003 (2014)). Another EOM for f1 or relative amplitude adjuster between two EOMs?
- Requirement on carrier power loss?
- Comment from Stefan Ballmer
- Similar calculation was done in LIGO in the past. Displacement noise requirement for MZ was tough (~1e-14 m/rtHz).
- Any in-air interferometer suffer from jitter and frequency noise which cannot be suppressed.
- MZI implementation starts in May, probably before high power laser installation
- RF oscillator noise requirements for MZI should also be calculated
- RF generation scheme [Michimura]
- f1 = 3/8*f2, f3 = 10/8*f2
- we need 2*f1, 2*f2, f3-f1, f3-f2 as well
- use harmonics generator (x3, x5, x6, x7, x8, x10, x16 for f2/8 = 5.62698725 MHz (FSR for IMC))
Wenzel specsheet JGW-D1808028
- ordered two units on Apr 21 (takes 14 weeks)
Usage of 6 Agilent N5181B JGW-T1706762
- Current use: fFSS, fIMC, ISS AOM, f1, fALSX at UToyama, spare at Ando-Lab
- Possible use in near future: fPMC, fFSS, fIMC, fALSX, fALSY, ALS AOM, ISS AOM, f1, f2, f3
- buy new RF signal generators for fPMC and fFSS?
- Final use: fPMC, fFSS, fIMC, fALSX, fALSY, f1/f2/f3 with harmonics generator
- Use AOM drivers for ALS AOM and ISS AOM
KAGRA configuration for joining O3 [Michimura] JGW-T1808172
- Conclusion: We will keep RSE scenario. But we might switch to FPMI at some points (every end of Sep/2018, Dec/2018 and Mar/2019) if preparation is judged as insufficient for RSE.
- Possibility of PRFPMI operation?
- Change f1 sideband frequency?
- Use pick-off of BS for MICH signal?
- IMMT1 and IMMT2 transmission [Michimura, Takeda]
- IMMT2 transmission optics are too much squeezed
- DC QPD holder [Michimura]
beam height should be 4inch to use similar mount, with small modification of spacer (instead of 3inch in JGW-D1402607)
- RF PD, RF QPD boxes are designed for 4inch beam height
- stages are not needed for ISC DC QPD
design new ones; they can be very simple [-> Michimura?]
- calibration can be done in different ways
- put strain relief and anchors for cables to protect QPD board
- OMC and OFI [Somiya]
- look for OFI with larger aperture [Somiya]
- DC PD and DC QPD [Michimura]
- DC PD not available. Look for product with similar specs
- DC QPD available from RS
In-vacuum RF PD and RF QPD
- we need them within 1 year, considering OMC REFL and AS RF
- required spec?
- Actuator noise modeling [Michimura,Miyamoto]
Summarized in the paper JGW-P1707051
- Needs to implement frequency noise, but FSS modeling with ALS is complicated [student!]
Discuss mirror vibration from heat link
- Meeting on July 14 [Yamada, Miyamoto, Ushiba, Michimura]
See this page for other agendas.