Before noon: Workers: Akutsu, Ikenoue, Simon, L. Shimizu, Yokozawa
- Hanged up the whole stuffs (the NAB suspension + the inner tower) with the crane.
- Again the wooden-shielded bar to keep the distance of two slings at their hanging points was used. The bar was softly taped to the inner tower in order to avoid accidental falling off to the NAB.
The vertical move of the crane by 1 click was also violent! Oh my gosh. Et tu Brute.
Also used two (but new) koyoris to control/handle the whole structure by two workers (Simon and Shimizu-san) when it was hanged up to avoid the accidental rotations in several directions.
- One crane person, the two handlers, and one watcher, so this work needs 4 people at least, hopefully 5 people!
- Moved on the IXA chamber.
- Also needed to handles of koyori.
To find where is the center, I step on the chamber and looking at the center with my eyeballs; more precise alignment has been done later.
- Hanged down the whole stuff into the IXA chamber.
- Took care of the foots' vertexes of the inner tower so that they won't hit the inner diameter of the chamber when the whole stuff was sunk into the chamber.
- Koyoring was must as well.
- First we tried to sit down the whole stuff on the optical table in the chamber, but it crashed and bounced due to the large step of the vertical move of the crane as already described.
- Took out the inner tower from the IXA chamber.
- Was dangerous when it was hung up to float.
- Inserted the NAB suspension into the inner tower.
- Some screws were about to touch or going to touch the inner tower so we removed them.
- There were several points to be noted so that the NAB suspension won't crash against the inner tower, so be careful.
- Found everything are not fully consistent. Especially we needed to decide what should be used as reference. Today we used an array of through holes as the reference; the NAB suspension was somehow moved so that the interface through holes can overlap the screw hole array at the one side; the other side of the inner tower showed the through holes were totally useless to access the NAB suspension.
- Then measured several parts.
- Chain block for 500kg. (What I found was that of 250kg, which Hirata-san had, and the NAB suspension +the inner tower would be comparable to this number so I felt it was dangerous to use the one.)
Guide blocks to guide the inner tower + NAB suspension. They are must!!
Modified dog clamps to clamp the legs of the inner tower. They are must!!
- A small bottle for ethanol
- Long ruler; use with a laser lever
- We found installing the dampers is mostly impossible the current structure; !!!! Urgently discuss how to resolve this!!!!
- We found the relative positions are not perfect and need to be resolved finally when the NAB would be suspended.
- Insert the NAB+tower into IXA
- Alignment and adjustment