Automatic Target System
Related subgroups: VAC, MIF(Initial Alignment, Instrument Control), DGS
- The scope of Automatic Target System is to provide targets on the way of a beam line, and to be used for the alignment of the beam line in the interferometer.
- This system helps commissioning phase, and will be turned off during the observation mode.
- For example, each arm cavity should have this system. Several targets will be located in the arm tube, and have an accessible human interface for operators to easily and remotely turn them on/off from the center room.
- This kind of system has been already developed and practically used in TAMA300.
- Each unit of target system consists of an liner feed-through (as a manipulator) and a circle plate (as a target head) with a center hole, where a part of laser beam can pass through even when the target is tuned on. The linear feed-through is driven by pressure air then.
- For KAGRA, the motion drive source will be an electric motor(?).
- X-arm tube
- Y-arm tube
For each arm, preliminary locations of targets is shown in JGW-T1200816
- It should be remotely turned on/off.
- It should be viewable (not necessarily visual) when the target head is illuminated by IR/green lasers. Note that these laser powers for initial alignment would be somewhat smaller.
Procurement process and plans
For this subsystem, the complete installation means that it is installed and verified. The targets will be installed along with vacuum chambers. This system is indispensable for the initial alignment of beam lines, so at least it should be installed and tested by 201x.