[OBSOLETE] Optical Sensors and Electromagnetic Actuators (Room Temperature)
Related subgroups: VIS, VAC, CRY
Sensors and Actuators for 6 DoF motions of the intermediate masses of vibration isolation system Type-B. This is the LIGO's OSEM-like subsystem that consists of an optical sensor and an electromagnetic actuator (OSEM).
Operating temperature: here the system is assumed to be utilized at room temperature, not in cryogenic temperature.
Things have been already considered a little in the vibration isolation subgroup.
- Sensing the local motions of intermediate masses of vibration isolation system Type-B.
- Actuating the local motions of intermediate masses of vibration isolation system Type-B.
- BS chamber
- ITM chambers (X,Y)
- ETM chambers (X,Y)
- PRC chambers (dummyPRC, PR2, PR3)
- SRC chambers (dummySRC, SR2, SR3)
- MC chambers (MC1, MC2...)
- Sensor noise should be less than xxx.
- Actuator noise should be less than xxx.
- Actuator's dynamic range should be greater than xxx.
- Its size should be as compact as possible.
- At least horizontal degrees of freedom (X,Y)
- Preferably a vertical sensor (Z) and side
- The sensors have to be rigidly mounted on the ground so that these are useful for remembering the position of the mirror and recording the drifts.
Procurement process and plans