Simulation meeting 2020 Aug 19, 15:00-
Somiya, Wang, Kokeyama, Koyama, Hirose, Yuzu
Updates from Projects
- Birefringence modeling (Haoyu)
Haoyu rose an interesting question if this BS-birefringence model can really simulate the real S and P fields or not. Sinsce "i" is added when the EM fields transmit the BS in finesse (for energy conservation), using a BS to split S and P pols, there are sign flips inside the S-P coupled cavity model. See, his Birefringence model.pdf, especially page 4. The P-pol cavity (P-PRM) field going back to the S-pol cavity (S-PRM) gets -1 (two transmissions at BS, therefore i*i), which is the flipped sign compared with the S field inside the S-PRM cavity. Isn't that true for the actual ITM birefringence mirror?
- How the relative phase between S and P are when they transmit and reflect by optics in reality? Are there only phase delay on the mirror surface but no sign difference for S and P, if so, can the energy be conserved in that case? Or do one of S or P actually have to have phase flip compared with the other?
- We will have to understand the reality to evaluate the simulation.
- IFO modeling (Keiko)
- Simulation Interface (Koyama, Hirose, Yuzu)
- Yuzu-san, Hirose-san, Koyama-san are visiting Kamioka this week until the middle of next week.
- They made a first GUI box to put a optical parameter to pass to a finesse model.