Minutes of VIS meeting on 2015/10/30
2015/10/30 14:00 - 17:00
Kamioka NAOJ Room + SeeVogh
Participants: Raffaele, Hirata, Fabian, Akutsu, Shoda, Takahashi, Ishizaki, Mark Ohishi, Fujii, Aso
New Schedule Plan Draft (Aso)
- The schedule chart is kept in the KAGRA MS Project Server
(See the "Edit Roadmap File" section in the upper left side)
- Currently, the end date of the suspension installation is April 4th 2016.
Need to check the missing steps and days necessary for each task (Aso)
- Test Hanging Status (Shoda)
- A screw galled on the rod of the security frame to be attached to the interface plate.
- Possible solutions:
- Use ethanol
- Use oil ?
- Use a shim to fix it temporarily for the test hanging. Then cut the bolt afterwards.
- We may need to make a new rod
- Prevention measure:
- Do not try to lift up heavy stuff with screws !
- The label on the screw box was wrong (labeled coated but they were not). We need to treat not-so-sure ones as non-coated screws.
- Next week (from 11/2) plan
Mon: try to remove the galled screw (Takahashi)
- Takahashi-san will be at Mitaka on Wed.
- We need to clean the vacuum chamber before installation.
Okutomi-kun learned the method from IOO. We will continue to collect information in the next week (task assigned to Okutomi-kun). Actual cleaning will be next next week
- Cable status (Takahashi)
- We found wrong pin assignment of the in-vac cables. It was a mistake of the company. We asked the company to correct most of the cables.
- We will continue to use the wrong cables for OSEM because they are usable by chance.
- Flat cables were requested to be sent back from the company to assemble small number of adapter cables at the site. They should arrive in the middle of the week 11/2.
Takahashi-san will send us the delivery schedule of the remaining cables.
- Additional PR mirror box (Tatsumi):
- In order to expedite the installation procedure, we decided to make another PR mirror box.
- Documents were checked including the modification requests
Got quotes from the company. To be ordered soon (Takahashi).
- Production of additional PR winches (Akutsu)
- Working with Obuchi-san
- Getting quotes for some parts.
- Will ask Nakao to send us the drawings of the previous order
- PR Optical Bench (Akutsu)
- For iKAGRA, the PR optical benches will not be suspended.
Even though, they need to be set at a certain height for OpLev reflectors.
- Need screws to adjust the height
Scheduling is necessary for the height adjustment work(Akutsu, Aso)
- OSEM assembly status (Akutsu)
- 22 done. 1 broken. 10 OSEM at Kamioka.
- 10 OSEM per suspension are necessary.
- BS Assembly Frame Design (Aso, Hirata)
- Gave Mirapro a draft 3D model
- At a meeting with Mirapro on 10/27, the following points were discussed
- How to push the BF and SF from below: asked Mirapro to come up with a design using bushings.
- How to prevent the tall frame from falling down: asked Mirapro to come up with a design to hold the frame from the second floor.
- We also need to discuss the IM alignment mechanism for hanging frame part
Since the frame is very tall, we need a step or intermediate height floor safe work. Mark will give us prefered height
- BS gluing jigs (Tatsumi)
- Things to be finalized are: magnet size and the size of the OSEM flag (and base).
- Magnet size will be discussed at the special meeting on 11/4
- Size of the flag depends on the thermal noise. Rahul is working on it.
- We will have to wait until those results
Hirata-san will send the pack-and-go of the BS mirror with the flags, wire breakers, wires (if possible) and the upper wire clamps to Mark by Monday. Mark will talk with Rahul.
Tatsumi-san will send the latest flag & flag base design to kagra-seis.
- Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito)
- The crane height is very tight for BS. Saito-san and Uchiyama-san are thinking about it.
- BS clean bag (Aso)
Will design it soon as the size of the assembly frame is almost fixed
- Screw checking (Ishizaki, Hirata, Mark)
- Ishizaki-san came to Kamioka to make an inventory of the screws we have.
- Watch dog system (Tanaka)
- Tanaka-san sent me some design information, but it was only in text.
- Waiting for documents with diagrams from Tanaka-san.
- Clean suits (Aso)
Will ask Miyoki-san to order more clean suits and safety items.
- ETM installation procedure (Takahashi)
- We cannot use the iKAGRA test mass frame as assembly frame.
We should have some discussion with Takahashi-san, Saito-san and Uchiyama-san.
- Magnetism of the OSEM screw (Akutsu)
Sekiguchi-kun pointed out a possible problem with magnetism of the screws around OSEM. -> Check with Sekiguchi-kun (Takahashi)
- GAS blade inspection by Virgo (Takahashi)
- Virgo is offering us free inspection of our GAS blades for hydrogen embrittlement.
- Safety at the site (Takahashi, Ishizaki)
- A safety plan in response to Fujii-kun's injury was presented by Takahshi-san and Ishizaki-san.
- Some items to increase the safety:
- Ladder to reach the 2F, not self standing.
- Safety net under the 2F floor to prevent things from falling.
- Emergency kit
- Tiger tape to prevent people from entering 1F while people are working on 2F.
Takahashi-san wil update the report to NAOJ to include point (1) and (2) from the plan
2015/11/5(Thu) after the group meeting.