PR2 wire breaker meeting
Participants: Tatsumi, Flaminio, Kimura, Barton, Suzuki, Tomaru, Aso, Takahashi, Ohishi, Hirose, Fabian, K Yamamoto, Ohashi
- What happened (Tatsumi)
- PR2 wire breakers (two of them) developed cracks after gluing
- The glue used is EP30-2 from Masterbond.
- We need to remove them first
- Information from LIGO (Mark, Hirose)
- LIGO tried heat, acetone and other chemicals to remove EP30-2
- Acetone soaking is the best: easy and less intrusive to the coating
- May take a long time (up to a month)
- According to a LIGO engineer who did the acetone soaking, average time for removal is 40 huors.
A possible configuration: http://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=4702
- What shall we do ?
- Project member: Mark, Hirose and Tatsumi (sample preparation)
- Target date for removal: Jan 22 (Jan 15 is better if possible)
- Need to consider the acetone usage in choosing a work location: we can use a normal lab. if the evaporation rate of acetone from the removal system is less than 75ml/h.
- Evaporation rate depends on the configuration of the acetone soaking system
- If a room with proper ventilation is necessary, the optics lab in the ATC is available.
- Next Tasks
- Mark and Hirose will discuss and come up with a more concrete plan for the removal test
- Tatsumi will prepare test pieces