Minutes of the VIS Meeting on 2016/6/17
2016/6/17 13:30 - 15:00 @ Room 210
Participants:Fabian, Hirata, Takahashi, Sato, Shoda, Ishizaki, Mark, Aso, Raffaele, Akutsu
What is the target of the simulation ? => Assess the effectiveness of the BF damper. Need to know the requirements.
Deadline is the end of June (Okutomi)
5 blades for BF -> Ask Virgo people if they see any problem with it (Takahashi)
- Type B Past Week Summary
There were multiple issues with the dummy BS flag/prism gluing klog. The sapphire prisms will need to be removed and reapplied. Hirose-san is going to organize this. He tried the cup that had been made for the PR2 on the test bond on the dummy PR. It worked to contain the acetone and the prism came off in a few hours. He is going to have a up made to match the different RoC on the BS.
- Akutsu-san provided stainless steel mirror panels for the dummy BS made by ATC.
- Hirata-san added the optical layout information to the BS Inventor assembly. He requested tank information from Mirapro so he can continue to do SR2/3/M.
- Hirata-san worked on the crane height problem with Saito-sensei. They concluded that craning in the suspension is possible but will require not just the vacuum tank lid but the ≈30 cm section of tank below it to be removed.
- Hirata-san liaised with Nakamura-san of Mirapro. Mirapro will start assembling the frame in the first week of July. Saito-san has arranged for the second floor panels to be removed the week of 6/27.
- Hirata-san cleaned more parts and measured another filter.
- Fabian almost finished the IM assembly and started on the RM. Some of the IM panels had been improperly wrapped and will be re-cleaned. The MPC (multi-purpose cube) on the RM needed some rework (already done).
- Mark did a top level schedule. The BS can probably be finished roughly when promised to Ando-san earlier, but the SRs will probably take rather longer because of all the prep work that still needs to be done. It may save time overall to delay the start of the BS installation a few weeks and concentrate on parts for SR. A second assembly frame would probably help.
Mark released a draft (about half-finished) of JGW-E1504235 - BS Installation Procedure.
Mark updated JGW-D1503600 - BS Suspension Cabling with a better arrangement for the IM and BF pico motor cables, as well as various other minor fixes.
- Mark organized a review for Thursday 6/16.
- Type B ongoing issues
- Need to decide RM wire thickness and order BS and RM wires. Lead time is a few days from Nilaco.
- Akutsu-san is working to get wide-mouth OSEMs
Longer cables for BF->PI and SF->PI.
- Takahashi-san has ordered extra connectors (due any day) and will get a company to make the cables.
- Feedthrough Adapters
- Need large quantity of male and female D-Sub 9, IDC ribbon connectors - Takahashi-san is getting a quote.
- Can we make SR wire breakers bigger?
- Fukushima-san is working on it (Takahashi-san witnessed it).
- Not enough crane height problem (Hirata, Saito) - SOLVED
- Installation stuff
- Crane scale - ORDERED, due week of 6/20.
- Ballast masses for payload
- Initial batch received - ordered extra smaller ones to allow for adjustments.
- Lower breadboard stuff
- Installation to be incorporated into the procedure document. Mark/Takahashi to discuss.
- Breadboard springs (in manufacture, expected end of July)
- Nail-head parts: quote from Mirapro received, not urgent, will be combined with assembly frame order.
Create a rough new LVDT model -> Saito-san found that they fit around the BF.
Assembly plan for Modified Type-Bp: JGWdoc -> asked Saito-san to do more upgrade.
- Upgrade points: some screw sizes were wrong. Move the security poles inside so that we can fix them from the top.etc...
- I found that we cannot load on the BF than I expected before.
- The model of the BF was updated recently. When we decided the plan BF, the model was wrong, which means that the mass was wrong.
- The load on the SF GAS = Tha mass on the BF GAS: 53.5 kg + IRM: 9.0 kg + BF: 100.2 kg = 162.7 kg
- The optimal load on the SF GAS is 164.3 kg (minimum for the SFs whose caps cannot be closed).
- The weight of the actuator base is currently 1.9 kg (w/o coils and magnets).
- I suggest to gain weight margin by reducing the moving masses on the cap.
Mark will measure the Type-B BF in the next week
- No report
Watchdog system (Tanaka)
- No report
- No issue
- BS flag/prism glueing problem (Mark)
- Will take 1 week to make a new cup for the prism removal
- Try to work on the re-glueing on the first week of July
- LVDT for BF damping (Shoda, Raffaele)
- Raffaele had a discussion with Virgo people
- Virgo people are interested in joining this research
Used devices from Virgo may be available -> Ask Virgo how many are available (Raffaele)
Size check: Is the size of the existing LVDTs in Virgo compatible with the space around the Type-Bp and Type-A BFs ?(Shoda, Sato)
- How many devices do we need ?
- It depends on if we need vertical ones or not
- Virgo did not need vertical ones for the BFs with short bottom legs (KAGRA BFs have no legs)
Check the horizontal to pitch coupling with the simulation (Okutomi)
- Electronics: We need to make circuits to combine the LVDT excitation signal and coil actuation signal. (continue discussion on how to make this)
Setup another meeting with Virgo soon (Raffaele).
- Dummy payloads for Type-A (Takahashi)
- How difficult it is to make mirror mounted payloads: certainly it will take much more time to design compared with just a dummy weight
- Aso will keep VIS people updated on the SEO discussion
Site work plan for the next week
Mon:Mark and Fabian for BS preparation. Takahashi for various works
- Tue: Mark and Fabian for BS preparation. Takahashi for various works
- Wed: Mark and Fabian for BS preparation. Takahashi for various works
- Thu: Mark and Fabian for BS preparation.
- Fri: Mark and Fabian for BS preparation.
BS crane will not be available: 13th -14th of June
- Travel (Week of 6/20):
Takahashi:19-21 (Acceptance of SFs, check items, move things around and so on)
Mark:20-24 (preparation for BS installation)
Fabian:20-24 (preparation for BS installation)
- Travel (Week of 6/27)
Mark:27 - 7/1
- Fabian: 27 - 7/1
- Fujii: 27-29
July 5 - 7: Takahashi, Ishizaki, Sato (site check for the installation of Type-A)
Mark is away: July 8-20
2016/6/24(Fri) 13:30 -
Next F2F 7/8