Agenda/Minutes of the VIS Meeting on 2020/5/22
2020/5/22 14:00 - 15:20
Participants: Takahashi, Hirata, Fabian, Miyo, Sato, Shoda, Aso, Lucia, Tanaka
After a verbal report from Lucia last week I checked the condition of SR2: the control system couldn't bring the IP to its set point (klog entry 14381).
- On Monday Lucia and I came to the site.
- We realized coil-magnet actuation didn't move the IP but horizontal fishing rods did, so we suspected the electronics or cabling.
With Yamamoto-kun we went to the tunnel and realized the HPCD had broken down (entry 14394).
Thanks to Tomura-san's quick reaction we got a new HPCD and recovered the IP and the suspension (entry 14395).
I don't know what's the origin of the failure. It wasn't an actuation overload due to an earthquake because there was no earthquake (entry 14407).
A similar event happened to the BS IP on the 5th of May (entry 14404).
I have been measuring decay times of the SR2 suspension on Thursday and Friday from the control room (klog entry 14413). There are no final results to show yet.
I asked a few elementary questions about inertial damping (questions here). Thank you very much Takahashi-san and Terrence for their answers!
- Making the 3D model of IMMT2 suspension.
- Summarizing the GUARDIANs.
- Ordered the parts for test and prepare for the test.
- KAGRA is in the suspended mode until 31st May.
Only measurements, which can be done remotely, are available (Request).
- The site work towards O4 will be started from July at earliest.
- Submission to JPS/ASJ Meeting.
- JPS Meeting: 14-17 Sep. Online, Deadline: 4 Jun. (Takahashi, Shoda, Fabian)
- ASJ Meeting: 8-10 Sep. Online, Deadline: 9 Jun.
- Report "KAGRA observation run: performance of the Type A suspensions" (Check the attached file in kagra-seis).
- On 2020/5/29(Fri)