Agenda/Minutes of the VIS Meeting on 2020/9/11
2020/9/11 14:00 -
Participants: Takahashi, Hirata, Sato, Fabian, Aso, Shoda, Miyo, Tanaka, Ishizaki, Washimi
[Miyo] I do not work for the RSE lock trials. I'm now focusing on the preparation for O4 upgrade. It was agreed with Nakano-san who is the leader of this project, and Aso-san.
Report for the week of the 7th of September 2020.
- Terrence made the new Type-B Real Time Model according to the new Type-A one. Review is pending.
- I finished the corrections of the Type-B paper. Mark is checking the final vesion and I will submit as soon as he is finished.
Miyo-kun, Ikeda-san and I went to the mine and did ballast mass inventory (14998):
- Fabian is in the process of checking roghly how much we will need.
- We checked for rectangular ones for the top of IM, round ones for the top of BF and arch weights for IPs.
Pictures and the actual inventory are in a new album in Google Photos: SR3 Remedying work after O3.
Pictures of the top of SR3 IM: IM_top_1, IM_top_2, IM_top_3, IM_top_4, IM_top_5, IM_top_6. We will likely need to replace thick ones by thinner ones with the same weight and then remove from opposite corners.
In the procedure document I wrote that we must measure the bouyancy displacement effect when we do the venting. Important for the adjustment of the ballast masses in BS and SR3.
- Before we did the pumping down with the contro on, so we only know the change in feedback signal. (I should use TF vales to calculate displacement.)
- We should do it with the control off just to measure the displacement directly.
- BS, SR2 and SR3 IP require adjustment, the resonant frequencies are relatively high and there's assymetry between L and T.
We have very small arch weights to fix the assymetry. What's the TAMS300 experience?
With Uchiyama-san I checked how to mount gauge dials around BS outter frame with the aim of assessing its displacement when Mirapro installs the outer frame beams.I uploaded pictures in the Google Photos album BS remedying work after O3. We need to buy longer rods. (klog 15019).
I tried to assess the consequence of having ferromagnetic connectors close to magnets on top of SF (klog 15011): inconclusive results.
- I haven't checked Sato-san's cable alternative proposal.
- Checked the payload prototype in TAMA for the wire gluing.
- The gap between TM and RM is large enough to insert a stick with adhesive, but it was difficult to see the wire on TM. In actual case, we can see the wire through the mirror.
[Sato: no progress]
[Miyo] I and Shoda-san will have a hackathon to make and organize the RT-model towards O4 at 09:00 - 12:00 on next Wednesday. I think we have this hackathon for 3 weeks.
Miyo and Shoda have created a gantt chart for software upgrade. gantt
- Designing the circuit board. Making CAD models of some devices.
- KAGRA is in "RSE Trial" now.
- Procedure documents.
- Preparation work.
- The preparation work will be started on Oct. 1st.
Acceptance Test (Wiki page).
- Schedule towards O4.
- On 2020/9/18(Fri)