Differences between revisions 1 and 599 (spanning 598 versions)
Revision 1 as of 2019-02-25 08:29:11
Size: 89
Comment:
Revision 599 as of 2022-07-28 11:12:04
Size: 39995
Comment:
Deletions are marked like this. Additions are marked like this.
Line 2: Line 2:
  * Meeting time: 10:00-11:00 JST/KST on every Thursday
=== 20190228 ===
  * Meeting time: 13:00-13:30 JST/KST on every Monday
  * Meeting room: Zoom

<<TableOfContents(3)>>

-----
== Agenda & Minutes ==

-----
=== 20220808 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * Task list for 2022
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220808|Commissioning220808]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    *
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin/Kihyun)
   * Update of `veto definition` / environment on m31 (Uchikata, Narikawa)


-----
=== 20220801 (Mon.) ===
 * We cancel the meeting due to f2f meeting.

-----
=== 20220725 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) [[https://dac.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/KAGRA/KSC/f2f/2022August|web]]
    * DetChar chief submitted the task list for 2022. DetChar member will need the register each task.
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220725|Commissioning220725]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14197|slide]]
    * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21561|klog#21561]]
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21559|klog#21559]]
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin/Kihyun)
   * Update of `veto definition` / environment on m31 (Uchikata, Narikawa)

-----
=== 20220711 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) [[https://dac.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/KAGRA/KSC/f2f/2022August|web]]
    * Registration deadline is July 15 (Fri) 18:00 JST
    * DetChar chief submitted the task list for 2022. DetChar member will need the register each task.
    * We plan to cancel next DetChar meeting 7/18 due to Japanese holiday.
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220711|Commissioning220711]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin)
   * Overview of `veto definition` (Uchikata, Narikawa)
 * Minutes
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220711|Commissioning220711]]
    * no update
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * [[ https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21373|klog#21373]]
    * I tested the retry option to treat the issue that condor job failed. But, this option doesn't work, probably because we are using DAG.
    * But, we plan to move the place to run DQR to the upper stream. This might not be necessary.
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21376|klog#21376]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21429|klog#21429]]
    * Last week, summary process stopped twice due to unknown reason. We need to monitor carefully.
   * Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin)
    * One or two week later, the report by applying Hveto to O3GK data will appear.
   * Overview of `veto definition` (Uchikata, Narikawa)
    * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14174|slide]]
    * They worked on testing DetChar tools and veto definer on m31.
    * Uchikata-san and Narikawa-san will be the contact person to connect detchar and data analysis group.

-----
=== 20220704 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) [[https://dac.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/KAGRA/KSC/f2f/2022August|web]]
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220704|Commissioning220704]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Proposal of noise hunting tool by machine learning (Kyujin)
   * Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
 * Minutes
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * no report. Recently no DQR call
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * Added the page for newly installed accelerometer [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21347|klog#21347]]
    * Recently process for summary page is unstable [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21348|klog#21348]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21345|klog#21345]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21286|klog#21286]]
   * Proposal of noise hunting tool by machine learning (Kyujin)
     * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14147|slide]]
   * Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
    * Yuzurihara submitted the task list. Next, subgroup member will require the register each task.

-----
=== 20220627 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/Jul2022DetCharF2F|wiki]]
    * next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) [[https://dac.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/KAGRA/KSC/f2f/2022August|web]].
    * Proposal of KAGRA DetChar f2f meeting.
     * Kashiwa? Kamioka?
     * Off-site members will join?
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220627|Commissioning220627]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
 * Minutes
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * no update
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    * no update
   * Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
    * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14147&version=1|slide]]

-----
=== 20220620 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/Jul2022DetCharF2F|wiki]]
    * Joint LVK DetChar report to the OPsDiv Meeting on 2022/06/16 [[https://dcc.ligo.org/G2200999|slide]] [[https://wiki.ligo.org/Operations/Agenda220616|minutes]]
    * LIGO, VIRGO AND KAGRA OBSERVING RUN PLANS [[https://observing.docs.ligo.org/plan/|web]] (15 June 2022 update)
    * next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (in-person style@U-Tokyo, Hongo campas + online style). The registration will start soon.
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220620|Commissioning220620]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
 * Minutes
   * face-to-face meeting for KAGRA detchar@Kamioka
    * (Yuzurihara) if you have a comment/opinion, please let me know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
     * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21190|klog#21190]]
     * sometimes DQR jobs failed, because the MDC trigger time is earlier than the time the latest frame file was generated.
     * One of solutions is to run DQR at upper stream on DGS network called DMT network.
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
     * no report
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
     * no update
-----
=== 20220613 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/Jul2022DetCharF2F|wiki]]
    * New paper about DQ for pyCBC [[https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.03091|arXiv]]
   * KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa)
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
 * Minutes
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * Explained by Yokozawa-san. see [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/220613|KAGRA detector status220613]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * Task to compute inspiral range is running on k1det1 [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20986|klog#20986]]
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * Updated DetChar and VIS tab [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=21060|klog#21060]]

-----
=== 20220606 (Mon.) ===
 * Canceled due to conflict with KIW9

-----
=== 20220530 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) [[https://indico.itp.ac.cn/event/123/|web]] (registration by May 31, 2022)
    * JPS meeting : registration by June 2 [[https://www.jps.or.jp/activities/meetings/autumn/autumn_index.php|web]]
     * Question : Someone should present the status of DetChar and activity toward O4?
    * LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/Jul2022DetCharF2F|wiki]]
    * Final KAGRA report at OpsDiv call was done at May. 26, 2022 [[https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-G2200869|slide for May 26]]
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
 * Minutes
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * Pumping down of EY started at 2022 May 24 9:45~ [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20851|klog#20851]]
    * Pumping down of IY started at 2022 May 25 9:35~ [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20874|klog#20874]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    * hveto worked with omicron triggers generated by a new version of Omicron
      * There seems to be no compatibility between omicron version we use and one in igwn-py39.
      * There may be also no compatibility between SummaryPages we use and omicron in igwn-py39.
      * If so, we need to move igwn-py39 for all tools (SummaryPages, omicron, hveto etc.)
      * SummaryPages in igwn-py39 had worked well in gps mode (reported a few weeks ago).
      * TY want to gather the volunteer to test SummaryPages in daily mode.
    * gwpy can use 'NDSSERVER' environmental variable
      * We don't need to do the code hack for nds2.py in gwpy.
    * (Yuzu) In DAC call, I heard that operation test of `gw_data_find` is on-going on m31 by Compu&Soft members. It may be available in a few week.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * I prepared the code of one task to compute inspiral range at the time of GW alert.
    * I send the merge request [[https://git.ligo.org/detchar/dqrtasks|git repo]] and will take the review.
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * Update SummaryPages web server by YamaT [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20926|klog#20926]]

-----
=== 20220523 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * New accounts for accessing LIGO resources (registration by May 22)
    * The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) [[https://indico.itp.ac.cn/event/123/|web]] (registration by May 31, 2022)
    * Final KAGRA report at OpsDiv call is planned at May. 26, 2022 [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14010|slide for Mar 31]][[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=13890|slide for Feb 17]]
    * JPS meeting : registration by June 2 [[https://www.jps.or.jp/activities/meetings/autumn/autumn_index.php|web]]
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
 * Minutes
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) was by Ushiba and other members.
    * On last Friday, we had the acceptance check to close the chamber for Yarm. It passed.
    * ADC glitch problem on many suspensions by YamaT [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20815|klog#20815]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
     * hveto itself worked without no additional code hack.
     * Compatible error in trigger file format was occurred
       * {{{The 'peak' columns have incompatible types: ['object', 'float64', 'float64']}}}
       * In TY's remember, Kozakai-san faced and solved same problem...(?)
     * TY want to re-arrange cluttered O3-segments including test ones.
     * (Yuzu) This error is related to [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19846|klog#19846]] ?
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * no update
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * Updated VIS page. see [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20814|klog#20814]]
   * Analysis of transient signals of IMMT1 (Aogaku members)
    * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20793|klog#20793]]
 
-----
=== 20220516 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * Vigo DetChar paper [[https://arxiv.org/abs/2205.01555|arXiv]]
    * The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) [[https://indico.itp.ac.cn/event/123/|web]] (registration by May 31, 2022)
    * GWADW2022 [[https://indico.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/event/255/|web]] (registration closed)
    * The GRAvitational - wave Science&technology Symposia (GRASS 2022) [[https://agenda.infn.it/event/30681/|web]] (registration closed)
    * (Final) KAGRA report at OpsDiv call is planned at May. 26, 2022 [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14010|slide for Mar 31]][[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=13890|slide for Feb 17]]
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
   * Glitch subtraction survey for O4
    * see mail from Davis Derek (2022 May 3)
    * deadline : May 16
    * The glitch subtraction activities are managed under DET.
    * [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/O4GlitchSubtractionTools|current summary]]

 * Minuts
   * Announcement
    * If you talk about DetChar activity, please let chairs know
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) is on-going by Ushiba [[ https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20724|klog#20724]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20729|klog#20729]]
    * Turned "ON" two radiation shield coolers for EXC. But, on Sunday, it turned off due to mistake [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20712|klog#20712]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20736|klog#20736]]
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * Operation test for DQR application is on-going on DetChar dedicated machine
    * From last Wednesday, the alert from MDC stopped (I'm not sure this is scheduled or not...)
     * That is because 1st period of MDC finished
    * The code review will start gradually
    * You can see the summary report of MDC alert on [[https://gracedb-playground.ligo.org/reports/|GraceDB]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * FScan cannot find IGWN.
      * YamaT plan to use it which is a part of lalpulsar packages.
    * Trigger files are required for hveto test.
      * YamaT plan to do the consistency check with O3 triggers and the configuration file.
      * Trigger files are on the DET file server and they must be mounted from the test server.
      * Oshino-san will share a past configuration file.
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * summary page is working well
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    * no update
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    * debugging code

-----
=== 20220509 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    *
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
   * Glitch subtraction survey for O4
    * see mail from Davis Derek (2022 May 3)
    * deadline : May 16
    * The glitch subtraction activities are managed under DET. I would like to ask regular report in DET meeting.

 * Minuts
   * Announcement
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * ADC noise measurement [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20658|klog#20658]]
    * In-air health check for Yarm suspensions (ITMY and ETMY) is on-going.
     * If no problem, review will be done next week and pumping down will start on week of May 23
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * no update
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    * add channel list?

-----
=== 20220502 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
   * KAGRA commissioning reports
    * PRM cause the glitch in IMMT1 OPLEV signal and POP forword QPD signal [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20539|klog#20539]]
    * In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) is on-going by Ushiba [[ https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20631|klog#20631]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20632|klog#20632]]
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
   * Data Quality flag for O4a
    * We are asking the concrete requirement for DAC members (CBC, burst, Stochastic)
    * This is related to discuss the ER period and time
   * Analysis of TCam photos of ITMY and ETMY with the metal scale by Tcam
 * Minutes
   * Announcement
    * GWADW2022 [[https://indico.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/event/255/|web]]
    * The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) [[https://indico.itp.ac.cn/event/123/|web]]
    * The GRAvitational - wave Science&technology Symposia (GRASS 2022) [[https://agenda.infn.it/event/30681/|web]]
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * no update.
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * no update
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20634|klog#20634]]
   * Analysis of TCam photos of ITMY and ETMY with the metal scale by Tcam [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20574|klog#20574]]
    * analysis is on-going by Aogaku students. Report will appear soon.

-----
=== 20220425 (Mon.) ===
 * canceld
-----
=== 20220418 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * monthly maintenance for JGWDoc + JGW wiki + klog on April 18 13:00-16:00 JST.
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
 * Minutes
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
     * No updates in last week.
     * Some volunteers for testing of hveto, fscan are sitll wanted.
     * We should start to test also iDQ from now on for future observing runs (O5, O6...)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * operation test for tools is on-going without error and trouble
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    * no update
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    * no update
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14032|slide]]
   * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    * [[https://github.com/gw-detchar/tools/tree/master/Hveto/etc|configuration file]]
-----
=== 20220411 (Mon.) ===
 * Agenda
   * Announcement
    * Workshop 2022/04/15 [[https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/26414/program|web page]]
     * DetChar talk is planed by Yokozawa. When he circulates slide, put comments on slide.
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
   * Exchange of opinions between DET members(YamaT, Sawada(OPS), Yuzurihara) and DMG members(Kanda, Oohara)
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
   * Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    * (Oshino) explain idea, goal, and timeline
   * Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
   * Follow-up report of remote contribution from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
 * Minutes
   * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
     * no volunteer yet (Test of hveto and FScan).
       * Coding kagradata.py for the new version of Bruco is ongoing.
       * We need to decide KAGRA common rule about NDS2 and DATAFIND for fixing codes.
     * NAPT test was started for the purpose of saving number of IP address in DGS network.
       * DET gateway (copy of k1gate is enough for the test) will be connected to DGS network.
         * Other nodes will be under DET gateway.
       * It may be better to construct the gateway as Deb10. (Copy of k1gate is Rocky8)
         * TY have no experience of constructing NAPT on Debian.
       * NDS(k1nds[012]), NFS(k1nfs0) services must be available from under DET gateway.
       * How should we do k1det2 which is used for Bruco running from CDS workstation.
   * Exchange of opinions between DET members(YamaT, Sawada(OPS), Yuzurihara) and DMG members(Kanda, Oohara)
    * related to conda environment and DQR tasks
    * in Kashiwa server and Kamioka computers, we should have common rule fo NDS2 and DATAFIND, which YamaT already mentioned.
   * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    * the application to connect between igwn-alert and Task Manager was developped by Joe
    * DQRAlert [[https://git.ligo.org/o4-dqr/dqralert|git repo]]
    * I tried to run this tool in Kamioka computer and it is working well.
    * need to prepare the document of how to use this tool on wiki page.
    * [[https://git.ligo.org/o4-dqr/dqralert/-/blob/trunk/docs/source/overview.rst|DQR workflow]]
   * Update contents of summary page?
    * no update
   * Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    * goal : prepare job management server and can submit job to k1det[012]
    * timeline : before O4
    * there might be conflict between this cluster and NAPT test. Oshino and YamaT will discuss.
   * Follow-up report of remote contribution from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
    * (Yokozawa, Oshino, Yuzurihara) we started the discussion of task list and how to contribute from remote site.
-----
=== 20220404 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * Announcement
     * DQR design document, put comments on [[https://git.ligo.org/detchar/o4-data-quality-report-design-document/-/issues?label_name%5B%5D=Second+circulation|git issue]]
     * Workshop 2022/04/15
      * [[https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/26414/program|Workshop on the development of innovative tools for new collaborations within gravitational wave detection experiments]]
     * KAGRA's authorship submission. For details, see [kagra 05009]. Deadline April 8 17:00 JST
    * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * DQR update
    * Update of summary page
    * Trouble of Omicron trigger generation
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
  * Minutes
    * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      * Installation of IGWN was done on k1detfs.
        * Too slow HDD response? (~150KB/s via NFS)
      * Works well
        * SummaryPages as GPS-select mode
          * ini-file grammar is slightly changed from the old version.
        * Omicron
          * No special hack
        * Omega-scan
          * needs temporal code hack
        * Bruco
          * needs preparation for reading kagra data (kagradata.py)
          * No {{{--include}}} option in original one.
      * Not yet
        * SummaryPages as Daily mode (This will be done by Kamioka people)
        * hveto
        * FScan
          * Not included in IGWN environment?
      * Problem
        * No global NDS2, DataFind servers or equivalent way.
          * SSH port forwarding is not enough because port number is different depending on person.
          * So I cannot do the code hack on IGWN software in the system region.
        * KAGRA env may not be able to be included in IGWN until O4.
          * If so, we shouldn't use IGWN in officially for O4.
     * (Lupin) igwn-py38? or py39?
     * YamaT asked status of FScan
     * In future, we need to prepare similar environment on Kashiwa cluster. The environment is not completely same as Kamioka computers.
     * We need volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    * DQR update (Yuzurihara)
     * Operation test for new version of Task Manager is on-going on k1det1.
     * I found that code of stationary task uses `datafind` to read gwf data, which we don't have.
     * I need to consider how to read data for DQR tasks.
      * (Darkhan) Is there any way to get the latest list of channels?
      * (Yuzurihara) If you can specify the name of frame data, there is a function on gwpy.
    * Update of summary page (Oshino)
     * no update
    * Trouble of Omicron trigger generation (Oshino)
     * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20328|klog#20328]]
     * replaced the local SSD on k1sum1. The Omicron triggers are stored in different disk.
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
     * no update
     * Kihyun can't join for a while. This project will be postponed.
    * Report of new tool development (Darkhan)
     * showed demonstration
     * this tool can take a ratio between channels and will be able to apply time-domain filter (band pass/highpass/lowpass) in future.
-----
=== 20220328 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * Announcement
     * DQR design document, put comments on [[https://git.ligo.org/detchar/o4-data-quality-report-design-document/-/issues?label_name%5B%5D=Second+circulation|git issue]]
     * Workshop 2022/04/15 [[https://indico.in2p3.fr/event/26414/program|Workshop on the development of innovative tools for new collaborations within gravitational wave detection experiments]]
    * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * Activity report by students from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
     * glitch investigation related to IMMT1 oplev (Aoyama Gakuin univ.)
     * Tcam image analysis to identify mirror location and center (Aoyama Gakuin univ.)
    * DQR update
    * Update of summary page
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK

 * Minutes
  * Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
   * YamaT constructed the test environment in local computer
   * Although YamaT is copying the environment to DetChar computers, it is very slow. (speed ~ 250KB/s)
   * After copying, YamaT will work on modification of codes to fit KAGRA data, such as nds2.py
   * For testing the tools (Omicron, Hveto...), we need volunteers, especially remote site!
  * Activity report by students from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
   * five students and two staff members from Aoyama Gakuin univ. stayed Kamioka site during last three weeks.
   * They helped commissioning work both in tunnel [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20124|klog#20124]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20155|klog#20155]] and in control room.
   * several code developments to understand glitch cause have been done. [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20026|klog#20026]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20027|klog#20027]]
   * code development to identify mirror center of ITMX have been done by using image analysis. [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=14003|slide(Japanese)]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20036|klog#20036]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20198|klog20198]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20203|klog#20203]]
  * DQR update
   * Joe updated Task Manager. Yuzurihara will install new version and test it.
  * Update of summary page
   * no update
  * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
   * no update

-----
=== 20220307 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * announcement
     * LVK meeting March 2022 [[https://wiki.ligo.org/LSC/Meeting/LVKMeetingMarch2022|wiki]] [[https://cgca.uwm.edu/events/2021lvk|web]]
      * registration is available
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    * unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    * DQ flags for O4
    * DQR update
    * glitch investigation related to IMMT1 oplev
 * Minutes
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
     * no update
    * unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
     * YamaT is working on this project at test-server.
     * Test of new conda environment will start from next week (after JPS meeting)
    * DQ flags for O4
     * no update
    * DQR update
     * Joe is developing the code to connect between igwn-alert and TaskManager. It will be available soon.
     * Schedule for review
      * Review of Task Manager will be done before review of each task.
      * High priority task needs to complete before Aug. 2022
      * Low priority task needs to complete before Nov. 2022
    * glitch investigation related to IMMT1 oplev
     * From March 8, students from Aoyama Gakuin univ. stayed at Kamioka
     * They worked on the investigation of glitch. [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20026|klog#20026]][[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=20027|klog#20027]]
     * They checked IMMT1 QPD signals and PRM suspension signals at the time of glitch.
    * NDS2 tool development (Darkhan)
     * no major update.
    * GPS accuracy monitor (Oshino)
     * is available on [[https://gwdet.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20220313/detchar/gps/|summary page]]
     * Current difference is acceptable and reasonable.
    * No meeting on March 21 due to Japanese holiday. Next meeting is planed on March 28.

-----
=== 20220307 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * announcement
     * RRT plan during O4 [[https://dcc.ligo.org/G2200220|slide]]
     * LVK meeting March 2022 [[https://wiki.ligo.org/LSC/Meeting/LVKMeetingMarch2022|wiki]] [[https://cgca.uwm.edu/events/2021lvk|web]]
      * registration is available
    * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    * unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    * DQ flags for O4
    * DQR update
  * Minutes (Yuzurihara)
   * 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    * no update
   * unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    * There are many computers/workstations in Kamioka site or Kamioka control room.
    * Workstations (k1ctr*) use common conda environment by mounting the file server.
    * In DetChar computers k1{sum,det}[01], conda environment should be unified all DetChar resources, similar to workstations.
    * To prevent the trouble that DetChar experts might break the environment, the conda environments will be set as read-only permission.
    * Installation will be done by Kamioka members. After that, we need volunteers to test the DetChar tools on new conda environment.
    * what is the time line?
     * Installation will finished before the end of March. From April, the test will start. Volunteers are helpful.
   * DQ flags for O4
    * In last PEM meeting, Yuzurihara presented the current status and received the helpful comments. [slide](https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=13970)
    * We will change our plan to construct the data quality flag and will compute the BLRMS of gwpy to set the threshold.
    * The review is necessary before O4. (probably very close to O4, because we need ER)
   * DQR update
    * no update
   * Commissioning of GreenX
    * In the last weekend, the commissioner tried continuous GreenX. During that trials, they found many short term lock loss (~10 ms). 10 ms is too short to follow the suspension motion, so it is likely that there are some causes of the lock loss except for the suspension motion.
    * The commissioner needs helps DetChar members to identify the cause or give a hint of the cause.
    * For details, see [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/index.php?r=19963|klog#19963]] [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/index.php?r=19983|klog#19983]]
    * main channel K1:TMS-X_GR_PDA1_OUT_DQ
    * time : 2022 Mar 06 23:37:50 UTC = 2022 Mar 07 8:37:50 JST = GPS time 1330645088


-----
=== 20220228 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * 120Hz glitches
    * DQ flags for O4
    * progress of DQR
    * lock loss study of GreenX

  * Minutes (Yuzurihara)
    * accouncement
     * LVK meeting March 2022 [[https://wiki.ligo.org/LSC/Meeting/LVKMeetingMarch2022|wiki]] [[https://cgca.uwm.edu/events/2021lvk|web]]
      * registration is available
      * Wed, 17 March 2021:
       * Plenary Session #1 (09:00-10:30 US/CDT) (=3/16 23:00 JST)
       * Paper Presentation Session #1
       * Plenary Session #2 (16:00-17:30 US/CDT) (=3/17 6:00 JST)
      * Thu, 18 March 2021:
       * Plenary Session #3 (09:00-10:30 US/CDT) (=3/17 23:00 JST)
       * Paper Presentation Session #2
       * Plenary Session #4 (16:00-17:30 US/CDT) (=3/18 6:00 JST)
     * Pastavi server will be unavailable tonight
       * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19913|klog#19913]]
    * 120Hz glitches
     * no update
    * DQ flags for O4
     * no update
    * progress of DQR
     * igwn-alert is running more than 9days and receiving the MDC alert
     * next step is to connect the MDC alert with the launch TaskManager.
     * remained task is to develop InspiralRange [[https://git.ligo.org/detchar/dqrtasks/-/issues/8|issue]]
    * lock loss study of GreenX
     * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19906|klog#19906]]
     * From the Hveto result, the channel (K1:IMC-SERVO_MIXER_DAQ_OUT_DQ) was the most coincident channel with the lock loss of GreenX.
    * unify the detchar computing environment (YamaT)
     * scattered codes and applications (Omicron, summary page, ) over Kamioka computers are troubling.
     * we plan to unify the environment by using igwn conda
     * detail will be reported in next meeting
     * (Darkhan) conda environment on k1ctr*. someone accidentally update someone's conda environment. administrator should prepare the conda environment?
     * (YamaT) k1ctr* share the environment. this activity is not related to k1ctr* but k1sum[01], k1det[012]. we should separate the user environment and the environment for the DET tools
     * (Darkhan) should avoid accidental mistake.

-----
=== 20220221 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * 120Hz glitches
    * DQ flags for O4
    * progress of DQR

  * Minutes
    * 120Hz glitches
      * No updates
    * DQ flags for O4
      * No updates
    * progress of DQR
      * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19847|klog#19847]]
    * Proposal new tool to see past data by NDS (Darkhan)

-----
=== 20220207 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * 120Hz glitches
    * Report from [[https://wiki.ligo.org/DetChar/JanFeb2022DetCharF2F|LIGO Detchar F2F Meeting]]
    * DQ flags for O4
    * progress of DQR
  * Minutes
    * 120Hz glitches
      * No updates
    * DQ flags for O4
      * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=13851|slide]]
      * (Yuzurihara) read BLRMS data and made the several plots with 1% and 99% percentile.
      * When KAGRA will be locked as observation mode?
       * hopefully after july, there will be lock trial for two monthes(?)
      * When you set the 1% criteria, always you throw away the 1% data?
       * We might need to consider the better procedure to care that point.
    * progress of DQR
      * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19671|klog#19671]]

-----
=== 20220131 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * 120Hz glitches
    * Report from DQR hackathon
    * DQ flags for O4
    * Master thesis (Morisue-san)

-----
=== 20220117 (Mon.) ===
  * Agenda
    * 120Hz glitches
    * ITMX glitches
    * DQR progress
    * DQ flags for O4
  * Minutes
    * 120Hz glitches
      * No updates
      * Next step is coincidence search with signals around ETMY including local control sensors.
    * ITMX glitches
      * [[https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=19212|klog#19212]]
      * K1:VIS-ITMX_F3_LVDTINF_GAS_{IN1,OUT} have glitches.
      * It seems to occur around AA chassis. (AA and cable replacement didn't help to improve situation).
      * We will try to find glitches on other channels on the same ADC board.
      * This channel should be added to Omicron search on SummaryPages.
    * DQR progress
      * [[https://gwdoc.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/cgi-bin/private/DocDB/ShowDocument?docid=13721|JGW-G2213721]]
    * DQ flags for O4
      * No updates
    * O3GK paper
      * Threshold used for computing a glitch rate was changed as SNR=6.5.
      * It's a same criterion with LIGO, and Virgo.
      * Both GEO and KAGRA's results are now computed and draft was also updated.

-----
=== Past meeting ===
  * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/2021|2021]]
  * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/2020|2020]]
  * [[KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting/2019|2019]]

Meetings

  • Meeting time: 13:00-13:30 JST/KST on every Monday
  • Meeting room: Zoom


Agenda & Minutes


20220808 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • Task list for 2022
    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220808

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin/Kihyun)
    • Update of veto definition / environment on m31 (Uchikata, Narikawa)


20220801 (Mon.)

  • We cancel the meeting due to f2f meeting.


20220725 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) web

      • DetChar chief submitted the task list for 2022. DetChar member will need the register each task.

    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220725

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin/Kihyun)
    • Update of veto definition / environment on m31 (Uchikata, Narikawa)


20220711 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) web

      • Registration deadline is July 15 (Fri) 18:00 JST
      • DetChar chief submitted the task list for 2022. DetChar member will need the register each task.

      • We plan to cancel next DetChar meeting 7/18 due to Japanese holiday.

    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220711

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin)
    • Overview of veto definition (Uchikata, Narikawa)

  • Minutes
    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220711

      • no update
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • klog#21373

      • I tested the retry option to treat the issue that condor job failed. But, this option doesn't work, probably because we are using DAG.
      • But, we plan to move the place to run DQR to the upper stream. This might not be necessary.
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
      • klog#21376 klog#21429

      • Last week, summary process stopped twice due to unknown reason. We need to monitor carefully.
    • Noise hunting by machine learning and Hveto (Kyujin)
      • One or two week later, the report by applying Hveto to O3GK data will appear.
    • Overview of veto definition (Uchikata, Narikawa)

      • slide

      • They worked on testing DetChar tools and veto definer on m31.

      • Uchikata-san and Narikawa-san will be the contact person to connect detchar and data analysis group.


20220704 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) web

    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220704

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Proposal of noise hunting tool by machine learning (Kyujin)
    • Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
  • Minutes
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • no report. Recently no DQR call
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Proposal of noise hunting tool by machine learning (Kyujin)
    • Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
      • Yuzurihara submitted the task list. Next, subgroup member will require the register each task.


20220627 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style wiki

      • next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (hybrid style) web.

      • Proposal of KAGRA DetChar f2f meeting.

        • Kashiwa? Kamioka?
        • Off-site members will join?
    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220627

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)
  • Minutes
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • no update
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • no update
    • Task list for 2022 from Jan 2022 to Dec 2022)


20220620 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style wiki

      • Joint LVK DetChar report to the OPsDiv Meeting on 2022/06/16 slide minutes

      • LIGO, VIRGO AND KAGRA OBSERVING RUN PLANS web (15 June 2022 update)

      • next KAGRA face-to-face meeting will be held on August 1~3 (in-person style@U-Tokyo, Hongo campas + online style). The registration will start soon.
    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa) Commissioning220620

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
  • Minutes
    • face-to-face meeting for KAGRA detchar@Kamioka
      • (Yuzurihara) if you have a comment/opinion, please let me know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • klog#21190

      • sometimes DQR jobs failed, because the MDC trigger time is earlier than the time the latest frame file was generated.
      • One of solutions is to run DQR at upper stream on DGS network called DMT network.
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
      • no report
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • no update


20220613 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style wiki

      • New paper about DQ for pyCBC arXiv

    • KAGRA commissioning reports (Yokozawa)
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
  • Minutes
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • Task to compute inspiral range is running on k1det1 klog#20986

    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)


20220606 (Mon.)

  • Canceled due to conflict with KIW9


20220530 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) web (registration by May 31, 2022)

      • JPS meeting : registration by June 2 web

        • Question : Someone should present the status of DetChar and activity toward O4?

      • LIGO DetChar F2F is July 18-19 with noise sprint July 20-22. In person + remote style wiki

      • Final KAGRA report at OpsDiv call was done at May. 26, 2022 slide for May 26

    • KAGRA commissioning reports
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
  • Minutes
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
      • Pumping down of EY started at 2022 May 24 9:45~ klog#20851

      • Pumping down of IY started at 2022 May 25 9:35~ klog#20874

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
      • hveto worked with omicron triggers generated by a new version of Omicron
        • There seems to be no compatibility between omicron version we use and one in igwn-py39.
        • There may be also no compatibility between SummaryPages we use and omicron in igwn-py39.

        • If so, we need to move igwn-py39 for all tools (SummaryPages, omicron, hveto etc.)

        • SummaryPages in igwn-py39 had worked well in gps mode (reported a few weeks ago).

        • TY want to gather the volunteer to test SummaryPages in daily mode.

      • gwpy can use 'NDSSERVER' environmental variable
        • We don't need to do the code hack for nds2.py in gwpy.
      • (Yuzu) In DAC call, I heard that operation test of gw_data_find is on-going on m31 by Compu&Soft members. It may be available in a few week.

    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • I prepared the code of one task to compute inspiral range at the time of GW alert.
      • I send the merge request git repo and will take the review.

    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)


20220523 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • New accounts for accessing LIGO resources (registration by May 22)
      • The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) web (registration by May 31, 2022)

      • Final KAGRA report at OpsDiv call is planned at May. 26, 2022 slide for Mar 31slide for Feb 17

      • JPS meeting : registration by June 2 web

    • KAGRA commissioning reports
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
  • Minutes
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
      • In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) was by Ushiba and other members.
      • On last Friday, we had the acceptance check to close the chamber for Yarm. It passed.
      • ADC glitch problem on many suspensions by YamaT klog#20815

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
      • hveto itself worked without no additional code hack.
      • Compatible error in trigger file format was occurred
        • The 'peak' columns have incompatible types: ['object', 'float64', 'float64']

        • In TY's remember, Kozakai-san faced and solved same problem...(?)
      • TY want to re-arrange cluttered O3-segments including test ones.
      • (Yuzu) This error is related to klog#19846 ?

    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • no update
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Analysis of transient signals of IMMT1 (Aogaku members)


20220516 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • Vigo DetChar paper arXiv

      • The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) web (registration by May 31, 2022)

      • GWADW2022 web (registration closed)

      • The GRAvitational - wave Science&technology Symposia (GRASS 2022) web (registration closed)

      • (Final) KAGRA report at OpsDiv call is planned at May. 26, 2022 slide for Mar 31slide for Feb 17

    • KAGRA commissioning reports
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    • Glitch subtraction survey for O4
      • see mail from Davis Derek (2022 May 3)
      • deadline : May 16
      • The glitch subtraction activities are managed under DET.
      • current summary

  • Minuts
    • Announcement
      • If you talk about DetChar activity, please let chairs know

    • KAGRA commissioning reports
      • In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) is on-going by Ushiba klog#20724 klog#20729

      • Turned "ON" two radiation shield coolers for EXC. But, on Sunday, it turned off due to mistake klog#20712 klog#20736

    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • Operation test for DQR application is on-going on DetChar dedicated machine

      • From last Wednesday, the alert from MDC stopped (I'm not sure this is scheduled or not...)
        • That is because 1st period of MDC finished
      • The code review will start gradually
      • You can see the summary report of MDC alert on GraceDB

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • FScan cannot find IGWN.
        • YamaT plan to use it which is a part of lalpulsar packages.
      • Trigger files are required for hveto test.
        • YamaT plan to do the consistency check with O3 triggers and the configuration file.
        • Trigger files are on the DET file server and they must be mounted from the test server.
        • Oshino-san will share a past configuration file.
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
      • summary page is working well
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • no update
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
      • debugging code


20220509 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    • Glitch subtraction survey for O4
      • see mail from Davis Derek (2022 May 3)
      • deadline : May 16
      • The glitch subtraction activities are managed under DET. I would like to ask regular report in DET meeting.
  • Minuts
    • Announcement
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
      • ADC noise measurement klog#20658

      • In-air health check for Yarm suspensions (ITMY and ETMY) is on-going.
        • If no problem, review will be done next week and pumping down will start on week of May 23
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • no update
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
      • add channel list?


20220502 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
    • KAGRA commissioning reports
      • PRM cause the glitch in IMMT1 OPLEV signal and POP forword QPD signal klog#20539

      • In-air health check for suspensions (ITMY, ETMY) is on-going by Ushiba klog#20631 klog#20632

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    • Data Quality flag for O4a
      • We are asking the concrete requirement for DAC members (CBC, burst, Stochastic)
      • This is related to discuss the ER period and time
    • Analysis of TCam photos of ITMY and ETMY with the metal scale by Tcam
  • Minutes
    • Announcement
      • GWADW2022 web

      • The 9th KAGRA International Workshop (KIW) web

      • The GRAvitational - wave Science&technology Symposia (GRASS 2022) web

    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • no update.
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • no update
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Analysis of TCam photos of ITMY and ETMY with the metal scale by Tcam klog#20574

      • analysis is on-going by Aogaku students. Report will appear soon.


20220425 (Mon.)

  • canceld


20220418 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • monthly maintenance for JGWDoc + JGW wiki + klog on April 18 13:00-16:00 JST.
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
  • Minutes
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • No updates in last week.
      • Some volunteers for testing of hveto, fscan are sitll wanted.
      • We should start to test also iDQ from now on for future observing runs (O5, O6...)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • operation test for tools is on-going without error and trouble
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
      • no update
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • no update
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK


20220411 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • Announcement
      • Workshop 2022/04/15 web page

        • DetChar talk is planed by Yokozawa. When he circulates slide, put comments on slide.

    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • call for volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • Exchange of opinions between DET members(YamaT, Sawada(OPS), Yuzurihara) and DMG members(Kanda, Oohara)
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
    • Update contents of summary page? (Oshino)
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • (Oshino) explain idea, goal, and timeline
    • Report of new tool development? (Darkhan)
    • Follow-up report of remote contribution from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
  • Minutes
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • no volunteer yet (Test of hveto and FScan).
        • Coding kagradata.py for the new version of Bruco is ongoing.
        • We need to decide KAGRA common rule about NDS2 and DATAFIND for fixing codes.
      • NAPT test was started for the purpose of saving number of IP address in DGS network.
        • DET gateway (copy of k1gate is enough for the test) will be connected to DGS network.
          • Other nodes will be under DET gateway.
        • It may be better to construct the gateway as Deb10. (Copy of k1gate is Rocky8)
          • TY have no experience of constructing NAPT on Debian.
        • NDS(k1nds[012]), NFS(k1nfs0) services must be available from under DET gateway.
        • How should we do k1det2 which is used for Bruco running from CDS workstation.
    • Exchange of opinions between DET members(YamaT, Sawada(OPS), Yuzurihara) and DMG members(Kanda, Oohara)
      • related to conda environment and DQR tasks
      • in Kashiwa server and Kamioka computers, we should have common rule fo NDS2 and DATAFIND, which YamaT already mentioned.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • the application to connect between igwn-alert and Task Manager was developped by Joe
      • DQRAlert git repo

      • I tried to run this tool in Kamioka computer and it is working well.
      • need to prepare the document of how to use this tool on wiki page.
      • DQR workflow

    • Update contents of summary page?
      • no update
    • Combine DET computer resources into one DET cluster at Kamioka site
      • goal : prepare job management server and can submit job to k1det[012]
      • timeline : before O4
      • there might be conflict between this cluster and NAPT test. Oshino and YamaT will discuss.
    • Follow-up report of remote contribution from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
      • (Yokozawa, Oshino, Yuzurihara) we started the discussion of task list and how to contribute from remote site.


20220404 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
  • Minutes
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • Installation of IGWN was done on k1detfs.
        • Too slow HDD response? (~150KB/s via NFS)
      • Works well
        • SummaryPages as GPS-select mode

          • ini-file grammar is slightly changed from the old version.
        • Omicron
          • No special hack
        • Omega-scan
          • needs temporal code hack
        • Bruco
          • needs preparation for reading kagra data (kagradata.py)
          • No --include option in original one.

      • Not yet
        • SummaryPages as Daily mode (This will be done by Kamioka people)

        • hveto
        • FScan
          • Not included in IGWN environment?
      • Problem
        • No global NDS2, DataFind servers or equivalent way.

          • SSH port forwarding is not enough because port number is different depending on person.
          • So I cannot do the code hack on IGWN software in the system region.
        • KAGRA env may not be able to be included in IGWN until O4.
          • If so, we shouldn't use IGWN in officially for O4.
      • (Lupin) igwn-py38? or py39?
      • YamaT asked status of FScan
      • In future, we need to prepare similar environment on Kashiwa cluster. The environment is not completely same as Kamioka computers.
      • We need volunteers from remote site, to test hveto and FScan. Please let us (Yuzuriahra or YamaT) know.
    • DQR update (Yuzurihara)
      • Operation test for new version of Task Manager is on-going on k1det1.
      • I found that code of stationary task uses datafind to read gwf data, which we don't have.

      • I need to consider how to read data for DQR tasks.
        • (Darkhan) Is there any way to get the latest list of channels?
        • (Yuzurihara) If you can specify the name of frame data, there is a function on gwpy.
    • Update of summary page (Oshino)
      • no update
    • Trouble of Omicron trigger generation (Oshino)
      • klog#20328

      • replaced the local SSD on k1sum1. The Omicron triggers are stored in different disk.
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
      • no update
      • Kihyun can't join for a while. This project will be postponed.
    • Report of new tool development (Darkhan)
      • showed demonstration
      • this tool can take a ratio between channels and will be able to apply time-domain filter (band pass/highpass/lowpass) in future.


20220328 (Mon.)

  • Minutes
    • Unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • YamaT constructed the test environment in local computer
      • Although YamaT is copying the environment to DetChar computers, it is very slow. (speed ~ 250KB/s)

      • After copying, YamaT will work on modification of codes to fit KAGRA data, such as nds2.py
      • For testing the tools (Omicron, Hveto...), we need volunteers, especially remote site!
    • Activity report by students from Aoyama Gakuin univ.
      • five students and two staff members from Aoyama Gakuin univ. stayed Kamioka site during last three weeks.
      • They helped commissioning work both in tunnel klog#20124 klog#20155 and in control room.

      • several code developments to understand glitch cause have been done. klog#20026 klog#20027

      • code development to identify mirror center of ITMX have been done by using image analysis. slide(Japanese) klog#20036 klog20198 klog#20203

    • DQR update
      • Joe updated Task Manager. Yuzurihara will install new version and test it.
    • Update of summary page
      • no update
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
      • no update


20220307 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • announcement
      • LVK meeting March 2022 wiki web

        • registration is available
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    • unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
    • DQ flags for O4
    • DQR update
    • glitch investigation related to IMMT1 oplev
  • Minutes
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
      • no update
    • unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012]
      • YamaT is working on this project at test-server.
      • Test of new conda environment will start from next week (after JPS meeting)
    • DQ flags for O4
      • no update
    • DQR update
      • Joe is developing the code to connect between igwn-alert and TaskManager. It will be available soon.

      • Schedule for review
        • Review of Task Manager will be done before review of each task.
        • High priority task needs to complete before Aug. 2022
        • Low priority task needs to complete before Nov. 2022
    • glitch investigation related to IMMT1 oplev
      • From March 8, students from Aoyama Gakuin univ. stayed at Kamioka
      • They worked on the investigation of glitch. klog#20026klog#20027

      • They checked IMMT1 QPD signals and PRM suspension signals at the time of glitch.
    • NDS2 tool development (Darkhan)
      • no major update.
    • GPS accuracy monitor (Oshino)
      • is available on summary page

      • Current difference is acceptable and reasonable.
    • No meeting on March 21 due to Japanese holiday. Next meeting is planed on March 28.


20220307 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • announcement
      • RRT plan during O4 slide

      • LVK meeting March 2022 wiki web

        • registration is available
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
    • unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
    • DQ flags for O4
    • DQR update
  • Minutes (Yuzurihara)
    • 120Hz glitches investigation during O3GK
      • no update
    • unify conda environment in Kamioka detchar computers, k1sum[01] and k1det[012] (YamaT)
      • There are many computers/workstations in Kamioka site or Kamioka control room.
      • Workstations (k1ctr*) use common conda environment by mounting the file server.
      • In DetChar computers k1{sum,det}[01], conda environment should be unified all DetChar resources, similar to workstations.

      • To prevent the trouble that DetChar experts might break the environment, the conda environments will be set as read-only permission.

      • Installation will be done by Kamioka members. After that, we need volunteers to test the DetChar tools on new conda environment.

      • what is the time line?
        • Installation will finished before the end of March. From April, the test will start. Volunteers are helpful.
    • DQ flags for O4
    • DQR update
      • no update
    • Commissioning of GreenX
      • In the last weekend, the commissioner tried continuous GreenX. During that trials, they found many short term lock loss (~10 ms). 10 ms is too short to follow the suspension motion, so it is likely that there are some causes of the lock loss except for the suspension motion.
      • The commissioner needs helps DetChar members to identify the cause or give a hint of the cause.

      • For details, see klog#19963 klog#19983

      • main channel K1:TMS-X_GR_PDA1_OUT_DQ
      • time : 2022 Mar 06 23:37:50 UTC = 2022 Mar 07 8:37:50 JST = GPS time 1330645088


20220228 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • 120Hz glitches
    • DQ flags for O4
    • progress of DQR
    • lock loss study of GreenX
  • Minutes (Yuzurihara)
    • accouncement
      • LVK meeting March 2022 wiki web

        • registration is available
        • Wed, 17 March 2021:
          • Plenary Session #1 (09:00-10:30 US/CDT) (=3/16 23:00 JST)
          • Paper Presentation Session #1
          • Plenary Session #2 (16:00-17:30 US/CDT) (=3/17 6:00 JST)
        • Thu, 18 March 2021:
          • Plenary Session #3 (09:00-10:30 US/CDT) (=3/17 23:00 JST)
          • Paper Presentation Session #2
          • Plenary Session #4 (16:00-17:30 US/CDT) (=3/18 6:00 JST)
      • Pastavi server will be unavailable tonight
    • 120Hz glitches
      • no update
    • DQ flags for O4
      • no update
    • progress of DQR
      • igwn-alert is running more than 9days and receiving the MDC alert
      • next step is to connect the MDC alert with the launch TaskManager.

      • remained task is to develop InspiralRange issue

    • lock loss study of GreenX
      • klog#19906

      • From the Hveto result, the channel (K1:IMC-SERVO_MIXER_DAQ_OUT_DQ) was the most coincident channel with the lock loss of GreenX.
    • unify the detchar computing environment (YamaT)
      • scattered codes and applications (Omicron, summary page, ) over Kamioka computers are troubling.
      • we plan to unify the environment by using igwn conda
      • detail will be reported in next meeting
      • (Darkhan) conda environment on k1ctr*. someone accidentally update someone's conda environment. administrator should prepare the conda environment?
      • (YamaT) k1ctr* share the environment. this activity is not related to k1ctr* but k1sum[01], k1det[012]. we should separate the user environment and the environment for the DET tools
      • (Darkhan) should avoid accidental mistake.


20220221 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • 120Hz glitches
    • DQ flags for O4
    • progress of DQR
  • Minutes
    • 120Hz glitches
      • No updates
    • DQ flags for O4
      • No updates
    • progress of DQR
    • Proposal new tool to see past data by NDS (Darkhan)


20220207 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
  • Minutes
    • 120Hz glitches
      • No updates
    • DQ flags for O4
      • slide

      • (Yuzurihara) read BLRMS data and made the several plots with 1% and 99% percentile.
      • When KAGRA will be locked as observation mode?
        • hopefully after july, there will be lock trial for two monthes(?)
      • When you set the 1% criteria, always you throw away the 1% data?
        • We might need to consider the better procedure to care that point.
    • progress of DQR


20220131 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • 120Hz glitches
    • Report from DQR hackathon
    • DQ flags for O4
    • Master thesis (Morisue-san)


20220117 (Mon.)

  • Agenda
    • 120Hz glitches
    • ITMX glitches
    • DQR progress
    • DQ flags for O4
  • Minutes
    • 120Hz glitches
      • No updates
      • Next step is coincidence search with signals around ETMY including local control sensors.
    • ITMX glitches
      • klog#19212

      • K1:VIS-ITMX_F3_LVDTINF_GAS_{IN1,OUT} have glitches.
      • It seems to occur around AA chassis. (AA and cable replacement didn't help to improve situation).
      • We will try to find glitches on other channels on the same ADC board.
      • This channel should be added to Omicron search on SummaryPages.

    • DQR progress
    • DQ flags for O4
      • No updates
    • O3GK paper
      • Threshold used for computing a glitch rate was changed as SNR=6.5.
      • It's a same criterion with LIGO, and Virgo.
      • Both GEO and KAGRA's results are now computed and draft was also updated.


Past meeting

KAGRA/Subgroups/DET/Meeting (last edited 2022-12-05 11:43:37 by HirotakaYuzurihara)